It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
(female)

ak1919 HB User
No Periods, definitely not pregnant

I am a 25 year old female and as far as I know I do not have any major health issues. I had my yearly womens' exam done about three months ago and all results came back normal. I am not on birth control, and I'm not currently sexually active, so I'm 110% sure that I'm not pregnant. For about a year, I have been feeling awful - constant general malaise. Last summer, my weight jumped up about 10 lbs for no apparent reason. It came on really fast, and I have always been a naturally slender person with no weight issues. I was feeling fatigued all the time, and it seemed that even when I began to monitor my diet closely and workout regularly, I could not lose any of the weight that I gained. I was getting so stressed out about eating altogether, because every time I ate a meal I would gain more weight. I went to a nurse practitioner who took my labs, since she suspected that I was hypothyroid. But... no - she said one of the levels was a little off but still within the normal range. So, basically, I spent a lot of money to be told that this was all due to "aging metabolism". What? I was 24 at the time... does that make sense for my metabolism to go from fast to a slow crawl in an extremely short period of time? I accepted her diagnosis, but I couldn't stop obsessing over food, and it was getting ridiculous. I spent hours in the gym and kept track of every calorie I consumed - and still had a hard time working the weight off. I also did not get my period one single time in about 4 months during this stretch. It was something I could not keep up, so this past spring I found myself becoming less obsessive. Immediately, my weight jumped up about 15 lbs in a matter of a couple of weeks. I seriously just want to live like a normal human being again and not stress about every single bite of food that I put into my body. I don't want to feel like I have to run 6 miles every day... and that's just to keep from GAINING weight. Losing it seems out of the question. I am so tired all the time as it is and it is hard for me to find any energy to workout. I just want to spend all of my free time huddled in a blanket, not even moving. I have gotten my period erratically over the last few months, but it usually only lasts a few days and is very light. I have been to my general practitioner 2 or 3 times since January, and she took my labs again since she wanted to re-check my thyroid, but again... everything is normal, according to the results. She thinks that it is just stress and depression, so she put me on Wellbutrin, which I have been taking for about a month now. I don't think I notice any significant changes in my mood, but I definitely am feeling just as fatigued and awful as ever. Also still experiencing the weight gain, and even worse, I get bloated to the most extreme degree. I could drink a giant bottle of water, and it just blows me up like a balloon... I hardly even pee. This makes me not want to drink a lot of fluids, which I know isn't good for me. I don't know what is wrong with me and I just want to feel normal again. Is there anyone else out there who has experienced these kinds of issues?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread