It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
(female)

proudmama40 HB User
Ovarian issues

This post will be long but I am hoping someone can help me figure out what might be going on. I was having pain on my left side a few months ago. I went in for an ultrasound and found out a had a large cyst on my left ovary. Doc told me to come back in a month or so later to recheck. The next time I went in, the doc said the large cyst was gone and I just had small cysts on both ovaries (I do have PCOS). I decided to switch Dr's since I have a hard time talking to this doc regarding treatment options. He isn't great at communication. Anyway, about 3 weeks ago, I started feeling this movement in my stomach/pelvic area. It almost feels like baby kicks when you are around 6-7 months pregnant. TMI but the last time I had sex was 6 months ago. I started thinking I could be pregnant even though my periods have been completely normal for the past 6 months. I took several HPT's and all negative. Kept having the movements so I went to see a new doc. She did a urine preg test and blood test and both were negative for pregnancy. Doc scheduled me for an ultrasound to see what is going on.

This past Wednesday, I had the ultrasound. First the tech did the ultrasound on the outside and took some pics. Then he did the transvaginal internal one. He took pics of the right side fine but on the left side it was very painful and sensitive. He said he could not find the left ovary at all. He kept trying but never could see it. He finally stopped because it was very painful. Since then, my stomach feels swollen and hard and I still feel movements. I Would swear I was pregnant ( I have been pregnant before so I know the feeling), but he said he saw no evidence of pregnancy. So why is my left side sore and why is my stomach swollen and hard? It gets real tight for some reason. I should hear from my Doc by Monday but right now I am scared wondering why my stomach is feeling this way. It kept me up last night. I also get full quickly. I can eat a meal and be stuffed almost painfully for hours.

The reason I am scared also is because my last doc has not been very honest with me and what was going on. Evidently the large cyst I had on my left ovary a few months ago was almost 9 cm in size . I called the nurse on Wednesday to ask if I had any problems with my left ovary on my previous ultrasound and she said my left ovary at that time was larger than my right so she was surprised the new doc could not find the ovary. She said the left ovary measured 18 cc and the right one was 12 cc. My previous doc never told me this so I am concerned if there is a problem such as cancer, I have had it for months and months by now.

Between the movements I am feeling the last few weeks, the swollen hard stomach over the last week and the feeling of fullness for several months, what could this be?? I do have PCOS and I also have a large gallstone. Would this be causing anything? Sorry for the long post but I was hoping someone has some insight or experience with this. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread