It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
(female)

pinkdream HB User
yeast

My husband has been taking antibiotict for the last 3 weeks cuz his surgery gat absesed so he is on some stong antibiotics. But now i believe i have a yeast infection and i have never had one before. I know antibiotics cause them but could it be from his antibiotics after having intercourse?

Old 07-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
(female)

Vanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB User
Re: yeast

It is a possibility. Antibiotics can cause vaginal yeast infections. This occurs when the antibiotics kill off the beneficial bacteria of the vagina which can lead to an overgrowth of yeast. A vaginal yeast infection is irritation of the vagina and the area around it called the vulva (vul-vuh). Yeast is a type of fungus. Yeast infections are caused by overgrowth of the fungus Candida albicans. Small amounts of yeast are always in the vagina. But when too much yeast grows, you can get an infection. The signs of a vaginal yeast infection and the most common symptom of a yeast infection is extreme itchiness in and around the vagina. Other symptoms include: Burning, redness, and swelling of the vagina and the vulva, pain when passing urine, pain during sex, soreness, a thick, white vaginal discharge that looks like cottage cheese and does not have a bad smell, a rash on the vagina. You may only have a few of these symptoms. They may be mild or severe. You can take the Vagisil Screening Kit for vaginal infections. Itching, Buring, Unpleasant odor, Unusual discharge are for the symptoms for a yeast infection. Monistat 3 is the 3-day treatments can cure yeast infections. Hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to Vanilla Kiss For This Useful Post:
pinkdream (07-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
(female)

pinkdream HB User

can you keep passing back and forth?

Old 07-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #4
(female)

Vanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB User

You mean like if you treated the yeast infection and had sexual intercourse you might get it again? Sorry I'm trying to understand what you mean.

Last edited by Vanilla Kiss; 07-17-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:27 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Yes, the male could possibly reinfect you. Often they have to treat both partners.

Closed Thread