It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
(male)

bfhelpgf HB User
Stinging During Peeing, Pain just under labia

Hi,

I'm seeking help figuring out what condition my girlfriend has. She's currently been abroad in Turkey for about a month, and a week or so ago health problems starting building on top of her. First, she had two days of vomiting. Since then she's has occasional fevers. More recently, like the past five days, she's start having problems in her genital area. Her symptoms have been: tender/painful when wiping after peeing, discoloration on/under the labia, and small cracks in the skin under the labia. Today she told me that it has started to sting/burn when she pees, and that it is uncomfortable if she sits with pressure on the vagina area. She describes the pain as only being on one side just underneath the lip.
I've tried helping her diagnose the problem, and the two possibilities I've come up with have been a UTI or a bartholin cyst. I'm not sure if those are right, but I really want to help her. She is avoiding the hospital because she is shy with this, plus she would have to bring a host family member along to translate between her and the doctor. If she were to go to the hospital, what kind of tests would they do for a UTI? Would they only need a urine sample? Right now I'm trying to convince her to see a doctor if the symptoms continue, but since she's only going to be in Turkey for 2 more weeks, she wants to wait until she returns to the US.
Help!
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
(female)

purplelove22 HB User
Re: Stinging During Peeing, Pain just under labia

they would most likely test her for any std's and do blood work and also examine her..

hope everything gets better with her!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
(male)

bfhelpgf HB User
Re: Stinging During Peeing, Pain just under labia

She's still a virgin, so presumably that first part would be skipped. Okay, so an examination would probably be required. Thank you for your input.

Closed Thread