It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
(female)

Heather1973 HB User
Question Confused???

Hi,

I have recently posted on here as my GP had felt a 'bulky mass' in my womb and I had an abnormal smear result.

I had to go to a colposcopy clinic (not sure of spelling) and during an examination the Gynae told me she could feel it too and commented, 'wow, that's big' and thought I had a large fibroid and started on about hysterectomies!

I am still waiting for the results of the biopsy done at the colposcopy clinic, which I was told could take upto three weeks.

Anyway, I have just returned from having an ultrasound, and I am now totally confused!!

I have been told that the lining of my womb is very thick and she could see either a polyp (again, not sure of spelling!) or a small fibroid, or it could be fluid?? she thinks my GP will make a Gynae referral.

ANYWAY - I am confused that both my GP and the Gynae felt something in that area, but I get the feeling that the ultrasound hasn't really shown anything - or I am I wrong????

Incidently I have been extremely 'bloated' over the past few weeks and have completely lost my appetite, I have now lost a stone as I am just feeling nauseas most of the time.

Does anyone know what a thick lining of the womb means? And what is a polyp and how is this different from a fibroid? And can this be what my GP/Gynae felt, rather than a large fibroid, which is what they both thought? I think it's highly unlikey, but I'm no expert!

Sorry, lots of questions!! But hoping someone may be able to offer some suggestions.

Very Best Wishes

Last edited by Heather1973; 07-22-2011 at 09:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread