It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
(female)

kinley653 HB User
Exclamation Pregnancy after abortion-

Hi. I just had a abortion 3 weeks ago. Now after the abortion, i am wanting to become pregnant again!
I was planning on waiting till my first period to conceive but i was so desparte that my boyfriend and I starting trying to all ready. But now im concerned i might not be fertile enough since i just had the abortion, or will it effect my baby since im not healed completely, or am i pregnant at all since its so early? HELP!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-23-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Re: Pregnancy after abortion-

What are you asking, exactly? Or are you just venting?
You should be highly fertile right now; I've known many women to get pregnant in the very next cycle after a miscarriage, and this isn't much different.
I've also known many women to get pregnant immediately after D&C; I'm one of them. I'm currently 21 weeks pregnant.
My D&C was not an abortion, because I wasn't pregnant at the time. It was to diagnose and treat some unexplained bleeding I was having. But regardless, it's the same procedure you just had. And I got pregnant almost immediately after having it. I think getting all "cleaned out" inside helped.

You got pregnant once; should have no trouble getting pregnant again right away, if that's what you want. Just figure out when you're ovulating (usually 2 weeks after the first day of your period, if your periods are regular and your cycle is around 28 days).
If you can't figure it out exactly, don't worry about it; just have sex every day during the two weeks or so in between periods.

Best of luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
(female)

walkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB User
Re: Pregnancy ? Very soon after abortion

You really need to wait and let the lining in your uterus thicken or you could have a miscarriage. Give yourself two months to heal.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-23-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Off topic.

Closed Thread