It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2011, 02:41 AM   #1
(female)

Lisa4849 HB User
re: period

im 48 years old i had problems with my period in the past nothing to worry about at that time i was on for 5 days but now i didint get my period for a few years until a few days ago i was for 5 days then stopped next day it started again and for 2 or 3 days and stopped and now i am on again i do worry alot and get stressed too im also overweight i been overweight since i was in my late teens i dont know what is going with my period will it stop on its own soon or should i be worry about it .

Old 07-24-2011, 03:32 AM   #2
(female)

Brnt2acrisp HB UserBrnt2acrisp HB User
Re: period

Lisa,

Hi, I believe you may have started your change- it seems to have started back a couple of years ago. I myself have been experienceing some cycle changes. I find we can deal with them, when we basically skip a period or more - but they do tend to be a bit frustrating when we have them longer than a week- and when they come and go frequently. I finally went to my Doc, last week after experiencing mine for a month straight with no letting up in site - needless to say I'm being sent to a GYN ( I'm due for my yrly PAP anyway ) but my PCP just wants to make sure all is ok- It is normal for us to go through a lot of this, skipped periods, really heavy to light in a matter of hours, spotting, the pain that may increase to the max, and lets not forget the moods or the lovely facial hair - but what exactly is normal now .
My advise to you would be to go to your doc and have them check you out- just to be on the safe side. I know in my state they want us to have a yrly pap- and mammo- I was never good at following these rules- but have since changed and realize that it is for our own good- for our health and well being that we do these things annulally. I think in my case and possibly in yours also , it could be as simple as having a D& C (with Endometrial ablation ) and all this nonsense will be gone or at least made to be acceptable in our lives with minimal bleeding. I wish luck, go have yourself checked out and let us know how things worked out for you.
CP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread