It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
(female)

amberia HB User
Worried-need advice/support

Hi everyone. I've been having some unexplained symptoms that are concerning me a little. They've been going on for about a month and a half now. I've taken home pregnancy tests and also been tested at the doctor and all are negative, so we can rule that out.

I've been having this heaviness in my lower abdomen and some swelling. It doesn't hurt, but it's extremely uncomfortable to the point of not being able to sleep at night. I had my period about a week and a half ago (first one in 4 months, but that's not unusual for me unfortunately), and it has definitely lessened since then, but it's still there and seems more and more noticeable as time goes on. My upper thighs also feel swollen, but not significantly.

I've been feeling a kind of movement in my abdomen. I've never had kids, but the only way I can think to explain it is that it feels like how I would imagine it would feel if a baby were kicking. If I put my hand on my stomach, I can't feel it through my hand though, it's all internal (but I am overweight, so that could affect it).

I have felt a kind of pelvic pressure. It almost feels like I'm clenching down there, but I'm not. Occasionally, I have lower back pain. I have 3 damaged discs in my lower back, but it was a different pain than what I normally feel when they act up.

Up until a few days ago, I was having loose BMs 5-6 times a day. That normally happens to me while I'm on my period, but it continued for a month. They were accompanied with extreme stomach cramps, some that would double me over. The past 3 days, I haven't been having the frequent BMs, but I have a headache almost all the time, and I am nauseous after every single meal, regardless of what I eat.

For 3 weeks before my period started, I had a brown discharge. I assume now that it was probably old blood from not having a period for so long, but I have never had that before and I've gone as long as 6 months without a period before. When my period did come, I was expecting it to be extremely heavy like normal, but it wasn't. It wasn't "light," but it was definitely the lightest period I've had in a good while. I suppose that could be from some of the old blood coming out first though. The last day of my period, I had brown discharge again, and it seemed a little mucous-y.

I had one pap smear 2 weeks ago that was put into an expired container, but my period started before I was able to repeat the test. The doctor said that my cervix seemed very red and gave me some antibiotics in case it was a vaginal infection. I went back today for a follow-up and to make up the pap smear. She said I am still very red.

Some background info: I am 24 y/o, sexually active (with the same partner for nearly 4 years), and no kids. I had HPV a few years ago, but it cleared up on its own. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16. I had an ultrasound done when I was about 20 or 21 to make sure I had no cysts, and it came back clear.

I know I can't be diagnosed over the internet, but I was hoping for some advice on things to look out for or research or ask my doctor about. The research I've done on my own keeps bringing up some pretty scary things. The doctors I have seen are not my normal doctors, and they really haven't listened to me very well, I feel. I've been having anxiety problems too, so everyone's been focused on that. I really just needed someone to listen to me. I'm not in extreme pain, mostly just uncomfortable, but I'm uncomfortable to the point that it's affecting my quality of life, and I just can't shake the feeling that these aren't just random problems, but that something is going on in my body, if that makes sense. Sorry for the really long post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
(female)

amberia HB User
Re: Worried-need advice/support

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I'm also having like psychotic level mood swings. I'm normally a little crazy when I'm PMSing, but this is...yeah. I screamed at my 12 week old puppy yesterday because he shredded an (unimportant) piece of paper. Then I immediately started crying. I'm pretty much on the verge of either screaming or crying all the time now, and I'm normally a very mellow person. I've lived with my BF for almost 3 years, and yesterday was the first time he's ever heard me raise my voice. And it was at a puppy. A PUPPY!

Closed Thread