It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
(female)

LisaNicolle HB User
Painful bump down there!

Hello,
So a couple weeks ago I had a ingrown hair down there, I thought I had gotten it out. & it went away, there's no cut on the skin or anything. I could feel a little lump under the skin & thought maybe scar tissue.
I noticed a couple of days ago it felt irritated. And today I noticed that I'm swollen & the lump feels large, like as round as a penny maybe..
It's noticeably swollen, my one side is larger then the other.. & it shouldn't be!

Is it a infection,
Is it a ingrown hair still?
Will it work it's self out?
Is it somthing else?

It's actually quite hard to see me family doctor (who is amazing) because of my 9-5 mon-Friday work schedule..
& I'm going a away this weekend so a walk in clinic won't be able to happen for a week or so..
Should I be worried?

Old 07-28-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Painful bump down there!

One thing you can try is a topical medicine with aspirin in it, either Aspercreme for arthritis or maybe an acne treatment. Or, a hot (actually hot) washcloth to kill any infection. Still, if it persists, you need to get it checked out.

This is unlikely, but a warning: If you get swollen lymph nodes at the groin, fever, or red streaks leaving the bump, get medical attention immediately, even if it means going to the hospital. Those are signs of an infection beginning to spread and get dangerous. Again, not likely, but just putting it out there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
(female)

Czechmom HB User

I had something similar years ago - it was Bartholin's gland cyst - you may have a look here if the symptoms fit:
http://women.*****.com/tc/bartholin-gland-cyst-topic-overview

Old 07-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User

I definitely agree with Czechmom. I had the exact same thing in Oct. of 2009. It seemed like it just appeared overnight. It got to the point that it became painful to sit and have sex...like I was sitting on a large grape. I just kept putting it off though.

I had a pap smear in Jan. 2010, seriously thought I was dying or my insides were falling out. My doc took one look and said "Bartholin's Cyst. We need to get you in for a minor surgery."

It was a very quick, rather painless recovery. I wish I had gone in sooner!

Definitely research this, and I wish you luck!

Old 07-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
(female)

LisaNicolle HB User

I googles the balthron cyst & that's definitely not it! It's not on the I side or any wear near the opening. It's more like where my leg & pelvis meet on the inside. I think it's just a really bad ingrown hair.. im gunna go to a walk in clinic when I get home from the long weekend. Hopefully it will just relieve itself.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #6
(female)

kriss79 HB User

I presume this is an area you shave?

Depending how vain you are (or your partner) you could just let the shaving slide for a bit to see if it clears up.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Yeah, that does sound like an ingrown hair. I've noticed that sometimes you can pop the suckers and squeeze the offending hair out (which is usually ever so tiny), or if you can't or it's just too painful, just wait it out. Your body will eventually push the hair out on its own, and in the meantime, try applying some hot (but not so hot that it's painful) cloths to the area. This can not only relieve any pain or swelling present, but it can also help pull whatever is in the thing (be it hair, pus, dirt, etc.) closer to the surface of the skin.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #8
(female)

LisaNicolle HB User

Not sure if it was a boil or a ingrown hair, it got bigger & bigger then finally came to a white head, then it relived itself! It slowly got smaller & smaller & is now gone. I think it was just a infected ingrown hair.

Closed Thread