It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #1
(female)

lily222 HB User
varicose veins..ultrasound results..please help

I am in my mid twenties and I have varicose veins for years..i notice it keeps getting worse and bigger as time goes on and I actually feel more discomfort this past year and I also just in general want to get them treated because i know they are going to keep getting worse.

I had two procedures done so far in the thigh area of the left and right leg. He closed off the vein. For my lower legs, the insurance rejected the procedure because my veins were 4.7 mm and they need to be a 5. I was sitting upright during the ultrasound and I asked if they can redo the ultrasound with me standing up because the veins are more exposed that way. They agreed to do it.

I am just nervous it will be a 4.9 or something..the guy on the phone mentioned to possibly drink a lot of fluids the day of the ultrasound..My main question is should i eat alot of salty food the day before? or even during the day of the scan as well? ..the ultrasound will be late in the afternoon. The salty food will make me retain water and maybe expose my veins more? And also to drink alot of water in general?

I am also on a time crunch because I may not have inurance in a few months so it's really important to me to get this treated now. I really need them to be a 5.0 They aren't that far off so it's frustrating...would this help?

Thank you.

Last edited by lily222; 07-30-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread