It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
(female)

noodles75 HB User
Missed Period

My period has been consistent, and by that I mean that I get it in EVERY month! While it remained consistent, meaning I knew it would come the first week of every month. Lately, it's been the week after, and the week aftert that, etc...Sooo, I was expecting my period around the 22nd of July, but nothing. I had sex last night and at one point I bled during. I was sure it was my period, and maybe it was, but it did not continue. Was it my period and if so...where did it go? I've been experiencing menstrual symptoms (the usual for me, bloating, even a bit of cramping), but still nothing....I am ALMOST certain that I am not pregnant because we have been using protection. I am nervous that I may be pregnant, but am a bit in denial because, for me, pregnancy is something that I have to plan. I am currently several different medications to treat my diabetes and cholesterol, so I worry. As much as I would love to and cannot wait to be a mother, the reality is that it will have to be planned.

I have an appt. with my gyno at the end of the month. I figured if I don't get it by then, I will have the conversation with my doc.

Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Re: Missed Period

Your cycle might just be going through a bit of a change. Mine used to come like clockwork - to the point where I knew the day AND time of day it would arrive. But once I got to college, they went a little haywire. Coming around the same general time became normal...like if I got my period the 25th of the month, I could expect it to arrive between the 22nd and the 28th of the following month. Some months I'd get ovary cramps and light bleeding for 1-4 days before my period began, and others it would take me by total surprise when I was at the store or something.

And sometimes it'd show up a week early for no reason. Sometimes a week late for no reason. Back in February, I had all kinds of weird symptoms like ovary pain and nausea and the darn thing was two weeks late! It's shaping up to be that way this month too - feel like I've been getting punched in the ovaries for the last week and I'm currently almost two weeks late again.

However, I also know I'm not pregnant. Sure, I have fleeting moments of anxiety where I think I might be, but then I remember just how meticulously careful I am in the bedroom and I know it's way down on my list of possibilities.

Are your medications something you began taking recently? Have you done anything different since your cycles have begun to change? If you're anywhere between the age of 13 and 35, your periods might just decide to up and do something different for absolutely no reason. It doesn't mean you're sick or anything...our bodies are just really weird sometimes. I'd say it's nothing to lose sleep over, but if it's unsettling to you, a trip to the doctor won't hurt.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark Stranger For This Useful Post:
dee088 (08-14-2011), noodles75 (08-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2011, 04:11 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User

Hi Noodles75, Dark Stranger had alot of good info. I'll just give you a run down of what I am going thru. Mine always came one the first for 9-10 months. Last month and this month I got it on the 1st and on around 11-13. Yep, I write with cramps from you know were. I want to say stress can cause havoc (maybe my prob?) Take care

Old 08-14-2011, 05:12 AM   #4
(female)

noodles75 HB User

Thank you all! I believe it was just my body going through changes! It's comforting to know that your not alone and others go through similar situations....thanks again to both DarkStranger & Dee088!

The following user gives a hug of support to noodles75:
dee088 (08-14-2011)
Closed Thread