It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
(female)

pleasehelpme12 HB User
My period is light and dark. pregancy?

HI, I recently have my period, it is on time like it is supposed to be. I started getting bad cramps on Thursday and started bleeding on Friday. The only problem is it is a lot lighter then normal. I used a regular size tampon for about 4 hours and it was only a 1/4 to 1/2 filled. Normally my period is twice as heavy and my cramps have stopped but I am still lightly bleeding. The blood is dark brown with some small clumps in it and bright red. I have not been eating very well and am trying to start recently, also I have been very stressed and getting over being sick (no antibiotics were taken). I also have been on the evra patch for 2 years and was on the pill for 4 years before that, I have missed the patch before, but only by one day. Do you think I am pregnant? and is my period too light? or is this normal? please help!

Last edited by pleasehelpme12; 08-06-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Title change

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Re: My period is light and dark. pregancy?

I wouldn't worry too much. My periods have changed over the years and occasionally change some more on a more short-term basis. I used to need to change a super-absorbent tampon about every 3-4 hours and now I can honestly leave one in all day long and it still won't be full.

I wasn't on birth control and I wasn't pregnant...it's just my cycle changed a little. Sometimes I only get pink menstrual discharge, and sometimes I get the clumps of tissue. If you're between the ages of 10 and maybe 35, I would say it's pretty normal to experience a shift in your cycle. It can happen without warning - that's what happened with mine and I'm alright.

If you're very concerned, wait a couple weeks and take a home pregnancy test. I know seeing that negative result with your own eyes can do worlds of good as far as reassuring you. But honestly, I really do think it's just a little change in your cycle. Or give your doctor a call and ask them if it's weird that you've been on your BC for two years and you're just now seeing something different.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread