It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
(female)

razmataz1 HB User
Serious Fluid in Pouch of Douglas

Hi All,

Apologies if i have put this in the wrong section - first post-itas and also, i'm in a bit of a rush, because i would like to speak to the doctor tomorrow if the general opinion points toward my worrying being warranted.

So here is the story - bit long winded so i have just noted the important stuff!

Two weeks ago on Wednesday, i started to feel ill with diarrhea and a temperature and pains in my stomach which i put down to the diarrhea and mild IBS which i get sometimes, however the next morning i started to vomit as well. At this point, i hadn't eaten since Wednesday evening and stayed off work with the pains in my stomach continuing along with the diarrhea. Went to the doctors that afternoon and he did an exam and promptly referred me to hospital with suspected appendicitis. Upon staying overnight in hospital, the consultant decided to do keyhole surgery to look at my appendix and see whether or not they should removed them.

When i came round from the Op, they said that although it didn't look like it had been an appendicitis, they had removed my appendix anyway to prevent it happening in the future. My issue is that upon reading my hospital notes the following week, i saw a note that said i had got serious fluid in my Pouch of Douglas.

This was not mentioned to me in my aftercare (though they made it clear they need the bed and turfed me out quite sharply) and when i saw the nurse who checked my stitches, she wasn't sure what this was.

Can anyone give me any direction? I do feel much better than i did before the surgery, other than the internal pains which i assume are normal after this kind of operation.

Thanks

Raz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread