It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
(female)

leeby01 HB User
UTI or something else

The first week of the month I noticed a very sore to the touch only area right above the middle of my pelvis. Thought I pulled a muscle, waited for it to go away. Second week of month, I got bloated, burped often, had lower pelvic pain and pressure, back pain, very little appetitite. Tried going to OB, they said go to GP. Went there, and they found microscopic blood in urine and put me on Bactrim for a few days longer than they would usually give a patient since I had it so long. She also said I had to drink more due to dehydration. However I'm half way thru treatment and no real difference. I look pregnant and I"m uncomfortable. Anyone have any input? I finish meds on Monday. I'm taking Gas X and Pepto as well.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:34 AM   #2
(female)

gibbyviola HB Usergibbyviola HB User
Re: UTI or something else

Make them test you for ovarian cancer. Make them rule it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
(female)

leeby01 HB User

OB wouldn't see me but I finish meds Monday and will call them again. My general doc. couldn't believe I thought of that when I told her I had all of the symptoms for it. She did say though that if I don't feel better by Monday to go to the OB to get looked at for fibroids. So I'll go on that premise but tell her my real concern. Whatever gets me in the door...........

Old 08-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
(female)

gibbyviola HB Usergibbyviola HB User

Yes, get there asap. Have them check you for everything, but I heard they won't test you for ovarian because there is no real screening test but if you demand, they will have to test everything else out to rule it out. Please let use know what happens.

Closed Thread