It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
(female)

jinnyxx HB User
red spots on breasts

hi, i've recently been reading some of the threads on here about the breast area, but noticed that i didnt appear to get any of the symptons that were said, except for small red spots around the nipple area. i've had this for a long time now and have spoken to a doctor on a number of occasions via phone however i've never had a problem with it but they've never gone away.

i havent had any inching, redness or pus because of this but i'm hoping that there is a reason for it and there is something i can use to get rid of them because its really uncomfortable x

thanks xx

Old 08-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: spots of breasts

If you are worried about small dots around the areola, those are supposed to be there; they are called Montgomery glands. Their function is partially unknown, but scientists think they are there to lubricate the nipple/areola area.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say they are uncomfortable, though. Do they bother you mentally, is that what you mean, or do they actually cause a physical sensation??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
(female)

jinnyxx HB User

hey, ye i've read about that on the internet, and i thought maybe it could be that cause i've never had a bad problem with it, but isnt there away of covering them ? x

just bothering me mentally, i do suffer from low self esteem abit and it just worries me thats all, so i thought that abit of advice from someone like yourself would most probably reassure me, and i'm feeling abit better about it since i read your response x

Old 08-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

It truly is very common, and perfectly normal.
I hope that you can embrace the way your body looks even if it is not the picture of perfection to you. It stinks to be self conscious!!

The following user gives a hug of support to slenderella:
jinnyxx (08-21-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
jinnyxx (08-21-2011)
Closed Thread