It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
(female)

lotusflower1234 HB User
Unhappy advice on doctor's uncaring comments

i went to see a gynocologist who spoke to me in a very offencive manner i am a disabled lady who suffers a number of medical health issues ie: angina, chronic anemia, high blood pressure, fybromyralgia, and artheritis all which i am treated for and suffer greatly including slipped discs at the base and top of my spine, i was sent to the gynocologist via my doctor because i have very heavy menstration which has lead to my anemia, and consiquently my angina which has been induced by my anemia. My first visit at the hospital the gynocologist sent me for an mri scan as they had seen a fybroid on the back wall of my uterus and they needed to see if there was any further complecations before they operated, when i attended my last appointment i was all set for the surgeon to say that i will have a hysterectomy as this is what my doctor had recomended but all i got was a very rude man who spoke to me as though i was a second class citizen and as though i wanted to be cut open as though i enjoyed it i was extremely up set when i left although did not show this in front of the surgeon, i thought that i was having a hysterectomy and that that would put my life back on track and give me back my health instead i felt helpless and extremely embarrised at the way he had spoken making me feel like a total fake. He has since written to my g.p saying things that are totally untrue ie: i refused medication for anemia and also refused the marina coil, i have very good reason to say no to both these things medicaly and at no point refused them just explained that they would not be suitable through medical complecations have you any advise fr me were i go from here as i get iller every day thank u so much mrs c brown

The following user gives a hug of support to lotusflower1234:
pixiehickies (08-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
(female)

pixiehickies HB Userpixiehickies HB Userpixiehickies HB User
Re: advise on doctors uncaring comments

Bless you sweetheart. I'm so sorry that you are going through this on top of everything else.

You don't have to put up with this sort of treatment and there are things you can do.

I am assuming that you have a good relationship with your GP. Your GP will already be aware the reasons why neither the medication or the medina coil were an option for you. Request to be transferred to another hospital. You are within your rights to do so. Another thing you could do is contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS). They are totally independent and are there to help with any complaints. You can get details of offices in your area by looking them up on-line. I am going through a similar thing with useless consultants and they have been wonderful. They were the ones who told me that I could ask to be referred to another hospital.

Unfortunately, I can't offer any info about the gyno issues you are having. I hope this helps.

Take care Pixie xxx

Closed Thread