It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
(female)

Lexi3 HB User
Post Menstrual Cramps

Hi Everyone,
I had a miscarriage 5 weeks ago (7/14/11). I was suppose to be 12 weeks pregnant but the ultrasound showed that the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. I had a d&c that same day. I got my period 4 weeks later and my husband and I were very excited to start ttc again. However, I'm having what feels like menstrual cramps and am very concerned. This started about 2 days after my period ended and I've also been having lower back pain for the last 2 months (it started around the time that the baby would have stopped developing). I'm now able to link this back pain to my cramping and wonder if there's something wrong. Does anyone have any idea why I'm still cramping? Is post menstrual cramping normal? Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: Post Menstrual Cramps

Lexi3

First let me extend my condolences on the loss of your child.
In terms of your cramping, my thought would be that your body is still trying to correct itself from your loss of pregnancy and the D&C. Try to give it a few days to see if the cramping subsides, you may even experience a second period. It may take a couple of cycles until your body is regulated.
Please let me know how you are doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
(female)

Lexi3 HB User

Thanks Shisslak,
I've been to 3 different doctors since I posted this. First I say my gyno, had an ultrasound and everything is ok. I then saw someone about my kidneys and all was well there too. I was referred to my primary and now he seems to think it's GI related so put me on a gallbladder diet....since then, pain is gone. It must be my gallbladder causing all sorts of GI issues that are being referred to my back. I have an ultrasound soon to confirm this. Thanks again for your response!!!

Old 08-30-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

Lexi3

Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Closed Thread