It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
(female)

ilovebaxter1 HB User
vaginal irritation for over a month. PLEASE HELP

Helllo. I've been experiencing vaginal irritation for over a month now. It all started one day and i thought it might of been a yeast infection. I was treated for BV and yeast and that did not help because it wasnt it. I am irritated on the lips, around the vagina, and sometimes experiencing a tingle. It was imflammed my derm noticed a few days ago. I've already seen One OB GYN, 2 Doctors and a derm. The ob gyn seems to think my problem is a pH imbalance that my body has to take care of on its own. I was tested for everything and it all came back fine including yeast no herpes or anything. She said if it does not go away she will examin under a microscope. The Derm thinks it is dermatitis who has prescribed me with a steriod cream when this all started that did not help. I am now on another one that I will be using for 2 weeks that has helped with the imflamation but it is still often irritated and red when i wear any type of clothing. I wear ONLY cotton underwear and have been using unscented everything to get rid of anything that could be causing it. I also don't wear underwear whenever possible. I've been with my boyfriend for over a year and we have unprotected sex so im not sure if maybe I do have a pH imblance that needs to be cleared up because of him ejaculating inside me? I bought repHresh that I've been wanting to use but my mom thinks we should wait til i go back to the gyno to do anything. I'm really worried because I've been reading cases about girls who have had this problem for years and no one seems to know what it is. If I use the repHresh will it make anything worse? I really need advice on what this could be because I'm becoming very sad. I'm 19 years old almost 20 no one in my family has had this problem and do not need this type of stress in my life when i'm trying to get through school and have friends and a boyfriend who is nothing but good to me please help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
(female)

ilovebaxter1 HB User
Exclamation vulva problem/dermatitis

I went to the DERM. who said it was dermatitis. She gave me a steriod cream to use twice a day for two weeks. I've been using the cream for 6 days now and the only thing that it has done is helped my inflammation but it is still irritated and red and sometimes itchy. Does anyone know how long it should take for it to start clearing up and if two weeks is long enough? its driving me nuts. Also my anus is sometimes itchy but i've read thats common with vulva dermatitis..please help thanks :]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 08-23-2011 at 07:42 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to ilovebaxter1:
misty073 (08-24-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
(female)

misty073 HB Usermisty073 HB User
Re: vaginal irritation for over a month. PLEASE HELP

Try a search for vulva VIN. I had what seemed like a yeast infection for 6 years and no one could help. Finally I found a gyno to do a simple wash test then biopsy. This may not be what is wrong with you but if you can't find any other answers you should get checked...at least to rule it out.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
(female)

ilovebaxter1 HB User

ok i'll definitely search that! thank you youre the only one thats replied to me :[

Old 09-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #5
(female)

ilovebaxter1 HB User
Red face vaginal allergy?

I still have this problem. I've used antifungal creams and steriod creams prescribed to me but this is still going on. I went last week to the ob gyn and i had my 3rd culture done and they found out I had bv. I'm on my 7th day of flagyl and the only thing that has improved is the redness in my vulva but I still am irritated when i walk. Could this maybe be an allergy? or maybe bv that wont go away? I have an appt with the allergist on the 12th. what is wrong with me its driving me nuts.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 09-02-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: New thread moved from wrong board and merged with this one. Duplicate info removed.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #6
(female)

Vanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB User

It could be a possibility that it might be a allergy or a allergic reaction. The condition of Bacterial Vaginosis in women where the normal balance of bacteria in the vagina is disrupted and replaced by an overgrowth of certain bacteria. It is sometimes accompanied by discharge, odor, pain, itching, or burning. Also some products such as soap, scented hygiene products like bubble bath, sprays could irritate the vagina.

Closed Thread