It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
(female)

dawnb40 HB User
considering novasure ablation procedure

I am 47 and having some light bleeding in between periods at times and I never know when it will be, and some uncomfortable cramping during periods. My doctor says uterine lining is thickened and that I need D&C at least, and is recommending novasure to eliminate the irregular bleeding. I could have both done at same time, or I could just have the D&C and see if my periods go back to normal and wait and see. (although another D&C could be required before menopause) I have 1 or 2 very small fibroids that don't seem to be any issue or problem. I don't really have horrible periods but sometimes heavy and crampy for the first few days and mood swings, (depression before periods) and such. I am kind of scared of the novasure thing. I've been reading what people have to say, and one person said it even improved or eliminated her PMS symptoms. It sounds good, but I am hesitant. I had my tubes tied long ago, so I'm not needing to be having kids anymore. Any ideas or comments? Thanks.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
(female)

zoomzo HB User
Re: considering novasure ablation procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnb40 View Post
I am 47 and having some light bleeding in between periods at times and I never know when it will be, and some uncomfortable cramping during periods. My doctor says uterine lining is thickened and that I need D&C at least, and is recommending novasure to eliminate the irregular bleeding. I could have both done at same time, or I could just have the D&C and see if my periods go back to normal and wait and see. (although another D&C could be required before menopause) I have 1 or 2 very small fibroids that don't seem to be any issue or problem. I don't really have horrible periods but sometimes heavy and crampy for the first few days and mood swings, (depression before periods) and such. I am kind of scared of the novasure thing. I've been reading what people have to say, and one person said it even improved or eliminated her PMS symptoms. It sounds good, but I am hesitant. I had my tubes tied long ago, so I'm not needing to be having kids anymore. Any ideas or comments? Thanks.

My sister had an ablation done about 7 months ago. She is 41 and had it done for heavy bleeding. She absolutely loves her results. She has some light spotting when her period would normally be, but not menstral cycle anymore. HOWEVER, this procedure does not affect the overies, so she still has PMS each month. It will help with the bleeding, cramping and symptoms directly related to your menstral cycle, but not with PMS or hormonal changes. Overall though, she is very very happy with her results, although the doctor warned her that they may only last for a few years.

The Following User Says Thank You to zoomzo For This Useful Post:
dawnb40 (09-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread