It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
(female)

siren102 HB User
85 days late with brown discharge and no blood

I am 23 years old and not on the pill. I haven't been on the pill in almost 2 years. I am also not as sexually active as I was 2 years ago. At first my periods were slightly irregular and I figured it was from coming off the pill. I finally got into a regular 28 day cycle and had been for several months. Now there has been no sign of my period since May 14 when I ended my last cycle. At first I thought it might have been stress, but this is getting ridiculous. I also took a few pregnancy tests a few weeks apart when I was 2 weeks late. They were both negative. So I ruled out being pregnant. However, at the beginning of this week I started having cramps which I normally get before my period. Instead I have had a brown sludgy discharge with no odor for days. Now I'm worried that something might be wrong and that I need to go see a doctor. The only issue is that I don't have time because I work full time and go to school full time. Is this something I should seriously worry about?

By the way, I started having periods when I was 11 and between then and 16 I was also very irregular, going several months without a period. At age 16 is when I first started the pill.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: 85 days late with brown discharge and no blood

It might just be a very light period. Brown discharge = small amount of blood coming out already dry.

If you haven't had a gynecological exam lately, I would make an appointment. Mention how infrequent and irregular your periods are. Still, it might just be that's how your body works.

What's your weight like, by the way? A normal level of body fat helps control hormone balances, and women who are obese or very thin are more likely to miss periods.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread