It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
(female)

marrie12 HB Usermarrie12 HB User
Menstrual cycle completely out of wack

Does anyone know if you can have a menstruall cycle after 2 years of not having one? Is this normal or is it completely abnormal?

THanks
Marrie

Old 09-09-2011, 04:28 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Menstrual cycle completely out of wack

While it is entirely possible to have one as long as you have your ovaries, it's not probable. I would head to the gyno for a check up.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
marrie12 (09-09-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Are you at an age where your period is getting to be hit and miss? Sometimes that will happen but I would definately see my GYN Dr. to see why you had none for 2 years and now did.

Good luck and best wishes...JJ...

Old 09-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
(female)

Wow JJ thanks for replying to both my posts. Yes, I thought I had gone through the change earlier than later and that was why my periods had stopped but now 2 years+ later I believe I am having a very heavy one and am very concerned. My GYN can't see me until the 19th and in the meantime I am having all the symptoms but very intensified. And all this time I've had alot of gastro issues for the past 2+ years that the docs have been telling me were due to menpause because they couldn't out what was causing my difficulties, so I have been feeling very old for the the past 2+ years, now I don't know what to think.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

Marrie12

Old 09-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Your more then welcome Marrie. When I am here I try to help as much as possible but don't always have a clear answer. I had a hysterectomy when I was 39 so the "change" was all of a sudden for me. I will admit I was VERY lucky and didn't have much discomfort till 3 years later when the old hot flashes started. Was reluctant to go on and hormone therapy but after the night sweats started I had to as I was waking up soaked each night. Oh well we do what we must.

Hope when you get to see the Dr. he/she has some answers and maybe some help for you as going through the change can be difficult for some ladies. Hang in there..it gets better..TRUST ME!!

Good luck again and will look for your update..JJ..

Old 09-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #6
(female)

JJ thank you so much. Now I don't know if it's from not haiving a period for 2+ years or the stress from being in the hospital with my dad while they try to figure out if he's got congestive heart failure or plumonary problems before they do the valve replacement but anyway I am feeling very lightheaded and anxious. If I stand it feels like I am swaying and if I walk too much I feel like I'm getting short of breath. I am a worrier by nature and have been anxious before but have never had to face what we are going through with my dad. Could it be hormonal since I hadn't had a period in 2 years? Sorry for rambling, thanks for any help you can give.

Marrie

Old 09-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sorry for what your going through but honestly, I have no idea. Stress can do a lot to the old body I know that but I'd have to wonder if it would bring a period on after so long. Think you should call your Dr. and ask maybe you need a good work up for yourself. Let me know what you find out.

My prayers and best wishes to you and your dad....JJ....

Closed Thread