Vulvodynia & Getting Back To Sex?
I am a 27 year old female. In February 2010, I began feeling irritated and uncomfortable in my vaginal area. Sex was gradually becoming more and more painful and I felt helpless. After several months and speaking with a few doctors that thought I was crazy (since they wouldn't find anything wrong), I finally got a referral to a gynecologist to see if she would have any idea if something was going on from her perspective. She asked me some questions and did a "q-tip" test on me. It itched when she touched me entering my vaginal canal... It did not hurt. But she said just judging by the fact that I felt it at all, that means I have vulvodynia. I felt nervous because at the time I had no idea what that was. To add, some of the symptoms didn't sound like what I felt but I am currently unemployed (I am in the process of looking for a job) so I had to just go with whatever she diagnosed me. To make a long story short, I have been pretty nervous about having sex with my boyfriend. He has been so understanding of my situation-a total sweetheart... It has been about 3 months since we had intercourse. Well tonight (just about an hour ago) I decided to touch myself a little bit. It has been about the same length of time since I've done that. I did this because I wanted to see if using just ONE finger would hurt or not. It definitely felt tight but sooo good! I got wet really quick and *** (not orgasm status) within 10 seconds or so. I kept going...mainly playing with that bump on the top of the vaginal canal (the one an inch or two in...sorry I am not too up to date with proper terms). I *** a few more times. After about 2 minutes I stopped because I was thinking to let my boyfriend know I wanted to try to have intercourse and see how it goes. Well when I took my finger out, it had *** all over it AS WELL as blood. The blood was a pink color. I wiped off my finger with a baby wipe and there was actually a lot of it... I was wondering if this is in anyway normal? A few facts to add some more light to the situation:
- We have both been in this committed relationship for almost 4 years and we have both been tested prior. Both clean and never had an STD.
- My vulvodynia has been in remission for about a month and a half now. Little by little I started feeling better until I didn't feel ANY symptoms at all. As of lately I finally got the guts to add pressure and see how it feels.
- I have no actual insurance so I have to do go to the local clinic and the hospital that everyone else who is uninsured in my city goes to. So please, don't say "Get a second opinion" because I would if I could.
- Again I only used one finger and my nails are super short. I didn't cut myself while in there.
- I have been sexually active with my boyfriend for 3 years now.
- I finished my menstruation about 3 days ago so it is not my period coming.
- I feel a LITTLE (and I do stress little) bit of pain in my vaginal area...kinda like the feeling you get when you are a virgin and have sex for the first time-but wayyy less pain. It feels nothing like the vulvodynia pain AND I am still moist as I type. So please don't say it was dryness.
So what do you all think? Is it normal since it's been awhile? Should I try it a few more times? Can playing with that bump cause it to happen? What is that bump lol? Any help would be appreciated.... I could go back to the doctor and if nothing else that will ultimately be what I will need to do. But if I could figure it out on my own I would really prefer it. I've been dealing with people that don't even believe my symptoms for awhile now and I am tired of it. Again, thank you in advance.