It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2011, 02:02 AM   #1
(female)

Luva84 HB User
Vulvodynia & Getting Back To Sex?

I am a 27 year old female. In February 2010, I began feeling irritated and uncomfortable in my vaginal area. Sex was gradually becoming more and more painful and I felt helpless. After several months and speaking with a few doctors that thought I was crazy (since they wouldn't find anything wrong), I finally got a referral to a gynecologist to see if she would have any idea if something was going on from her perspective. She asked me some questions and did a "q-tip" test on me. It itched when she touched me entering my vaginal canal... It did not hurt. But she said just judging by the fact that I felt it at all, that means I have vulvodynia. I felt nervous because at the time I had no idea what that was. To add, some of the symptoms didn't sound like what I felt but I am currently unemployed (I am in the process of looking for a job) so I had to just go with whatever she diagnosed me. To make a long story short, I have been pretty nervous about having sex with my boyfriend. He has been so understanding of my situation-a total sweetheart... It has been about 3 months since we had intercourse. Well tonight (just about an hour ago) I decided to touch myself a little bit. It has been about the same length of time since I've done that. I did this because I wanted to see if using just ONE finger would hurt or not. It definitely felt tight but sooo good! I got wet really quick and *** (not orgasm status) within 10 seconds or so. I kept going...mainly playing with that bump on the top of the vaginal canal (the one an inch or two in...sorry I am not too up to date with proper terms). I *** a few more times. After about 2 minutes I stopped because I was thinking to let my boyfriend know I wanted to try to have intercourse and see how it goes. Well when I took my finger out, it had *** all over it AS WELL as blood. The blood was a pink color. I wiped off my finger with a baby wipe and there was actually a lot of it... I was wondering if this is in anyway normal? A few facts to add some more light to the situation:
- We have both been in this committed relationship for almost 4 years and we have both been tested prior. Both clean and never had an STD.
- My vulvodynia has been in remission for about a month and a half now. Little by little I started feeling better until I didn't feel ANY symptoms at all. As of lately I finally got the guts to add pressure and see how it feels.
- I have no actual insurance so I have to do go to the local clinic and the hospital that everyone else who is uninsured in my city goes to. So please, don't say "Get a second opinion" because I would if I could.
- Again I only used one finger and my nails are super short. I didn't cut myself while in there.
- I have been sexually active with my boyfriend for 3 years now.
- I finished my menstruation about 3 days ago so it is not my period coming.
- I feel a LITTLE (and I do stress little) bit of pain in my vaginal area...kinda like the feeling you get when you are a virgin and have sex for the first time-but wayyy less pain. It feels nothing like the vulvodynia pain AND I am still moist as I type. So please don't say it was dryness.

So what do you all think? Is it normal since it's been awhile? Should I try it a few more times? Can playing with that bump cause it to happen? What is that bump lol? Any help would be appreciated.... I could go back to the doctor and if nothing else that will ultimately be what I will need to do. But if I could figure it out on my own I would really prefer it. I've been dealing with people that don't even believe my symptoms for awhile now and I am tired of it. Again, thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread