It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #1
(female)

ann1970 HB User
really nervous

well it has arrived,have to be in hospital in the morning for 8 o clock.
Have to have a gynae procedure done and im am absolutely petrified and really nervous,its not the procedure im worried about,its getting put out that im affraid of. Could someone tell me how do they put u out.

Please help

Old 09-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: really nervous

Getting put to sleep is the easy part. I've had multiple surgeries, majority of them gyne related, and it's a piece of cake. For me, the hardest part is getting the IV. I am a total needle-phobic, so having them get the needle in me is the worst! But once they get it in there and the needle part is over, it's totally easy.

Once you get the IV, they basically shoot some medicine through the iV and it puts you to sleep. Next thing you know, you're waking up in recovery and it's all over. It's kind of neat because the last think you'll remember is them putting the stuff in your IV and maybe a minute or two after that, but then you'll just get really sleepy all the sudden and you won't be able to stay awake. Then they will be waking you up in recovery and you'll yell at them to let you sleep cause you will still be sleepy but more awake than you were when they first gave you the stuff in your IV.

Seriously, don't worry about it. I've had so many surgeries in the last 5 years, it's seriously like no big deal. The hardest part has always been the IV placement and then in some cases the recovery. I wish everything about surgery was as easy as being put under! That would make me not worry about it so much!

Make sure you tell your anesthesiologist to give you everything they have to prevent you from getting sick when you wake up. Tell them you want meds before, during and after to help with that. Trust me, you will be better off that way!

The following user gives a hug of support to Kszan:
ann1970 (09-18-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
ann1970 (09-18-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread