It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
(female)

ItzCatherine HB User
Scared of going to the doctor

Hey all! So I am new to this forum and wasn't really sure where to post this... So I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place.

For about 3 years now I have had pain in my abdomen, this all started happening when I was 17, my mom made me go to the ER in case it was appendicitis or something serious. They found out that I had a cyst on my right ovaries that was about the size of a baseball and advised me to take birth control to make it go away and to see a gyno. I went to a gyno about a month later I think, when going I didn't realize that the had to do a vaginal exam so I went alone, the doctor was a male and it was a very traumatic experience and he did some things that he shouldn't have(ill leave it at that).

After all that happened my mom did make me go to another woman gyno but I refused to let her to a vaginal exam, so she had me drink a lot of water and did it on my stomach, the large cyst was gone but there was another one in it's place, she explained that cyst's are very common and that they go away. She then asked if the pain had gone away, I lied and told her yes it did, at that point I really just wanted to be done with doctors and hoped the pain would just go away by it self.

Sadly it had not gone away, most of the time the pain is only at a 3 or 4 and I can easily ignore it, and other days its at 7. I haven't had a period in over a year and my last period was very light, only lasted about 2 days witch is very unusual for me. I guess another symptom would be loss of appetite, I normally really like to eat but for the past year I just don't feel hungry, the only time I tend to eat is when I start to feel dizzy. I also have had diarrhea the past few weeks but I think that might be because I just recently moved and got a new job that has been stressing me out.

I moved here to Nevada to go to school, I'm now 20 and I think it's well past time I went. I am currently living with my aunt who is an ER nurse, I wasn't planning on telling her anything about this pain I have been going through, the plan was to just live with it... Well then my mom let the cat out of the bag(my mom has been trying to get me to go to the doctor again for awhile now). And my aunt just won't give up on trying to get me to go.

I really really don't want to go, but at this point I don't think there is anyway for me to get around not going. I think part of the reason is that I'm scared to go because I know they will want to do a vaginal exam and I really don't want to go through that and I also am afraid that I'm going to go through all these texts and they either will tell me that it's just a cyst or they just don't know what it is....

So I'm hoping that by posting this maybe some of you can give me a little support, maybe if something similar happened to you, you can share your experience to make me feel a little bit better about this whole deal...

Also one other thing is that my family does have a history of breast cancer, colon cancer and ovarian cancer. I defiantly don't want to go to the doctor and find out that I too have cancer.... :-/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread