It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
(female)

skylady1990 HB User
infection of the uterus

Following up on my previous thread.....This started Thursday Sept. 15th when my husband and I had sex. I started hurting horribly and it didn't go away but actually got worse the following days.

I went to the ER late Friday night for severe abdominal pain. After a CT scan, an inner and outer ultrasound, blood tests and urine screen they found a 2.5 cm hemorrhagic cyst on my left ovary. They also diagnosed me with Vaginosis. I was sent home with a RX for Percocet and an antibiotic called Flagyl. They told me to follow up with my Gyno asap.

The pain only got worse the next couple of days. I got in to see my Gyno, Monday afternoon. He said the cyst wasn't big enough to worry about and said that in addition to the vaginosis I also had an infection in my uterus. He put me on Augmentin 875 mg 2x a day.

Today is Wednesday and while I am not pain free, for the first time since Thursday I can somewhat relax. The pain has faded to an achyness in the pelvic region and lower back that is well controlled by the percocet. I can function! Though it is still on a limited scale.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread