It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
(female)

hootas23 HB User
Pregnancy Symptoms but Negative Result...

So I'm a 24yo female, and I need help on possible diagnosis of my symptoms.

I am approx. 3 days late for my period (I'm not alway regular), however I have done a pregnancy test which has come up negative. Aside from being late, I have noticed very prominant veins in my breasts that lead into the nipple and they seem to ache slightly with a few sharp pains in them every now and then. I'm always tired (no matter how much I sleep) and can not sleep through the night without having to get up and go to the toilet. I have started having weird dreams (previously not a bigger dreamer that I can remember). I have also had a fair bit of gas, and some pains in the left side of my abdomen.

So I know most of this screams pregnancy, but as I said, I've tested and it's come up negative. In the past I have been diagnosed with anaemia (which causes the late period and general tiredness) but I've been very careful about my iron levels lately and from what I have read about it, anaemia doesn't come with my other symptons. I have also had an operation when I was 16 for hydronephrosis of the left side which might account for the pains in my left side but I can't explain why it's in the abdomen and not the flank. And everything I have read about the breast veins either mentions breast cancer, pregnancy or cause by breast enlargement from the pill (which I am not on).

Can anyone shed some light on what might be happening with my body? I do have an appt with my GP but until that day comes, my mind is still going to be thinking and thinking...

Any and all help and advice is appreciated :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Pregnancy Symptoms but Negative Result...

It's possible you ARE pregnant. In the first couple weeks, you can get a "false negative", where there isn't enough HGH in your bloodstream to show in a test yet.

The doctor can do a more sensitive blood test, or you can do another urine test in a few days.

Or, your symptoms might be caused by something other than pregnancy.

Closed Thread