It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
(female)

skylady1990 HB User
salpingo oopherectomy - What to expect for recovery?

I was just released from the hospital today following having an emergency salpingo oopherectomy Sunday night. Am a little confused and still in shock. I had had an ultrasound last week for abdominal pain over a week ago. the ultrasound showed a 2.5 cm complex hemorrhagic cyst on my left ovary. follow up with gyno who said that the cyst was to small to be causing the pain i was experiencing and he thought it was an infection of my uterus. Augmentin RX given. almost a week later I was no better. Still in pain, started getting low grade fevers. Went back to ER sunday afternoon. Had a second ultrasound. Ultrasound tech stated that my bladder hadn't been filled enough during the last one and that the pictures were unreliable. So this second one they really filled it. It showed the cyst had ruptured and that I had a torsion of my left ovary. A half hour after my doc saw the ultrasound results I was in surgery. Apparently my pelvic cavity was filled with blood and that the mass of the ruptured cyst was pulling down on the ovary. There was also significant adhesions on my bowels that had to be removed before they could get to the ovary and fallopian tube. Docs decided to remove the ovary and fallopian tube by laproscopic surgery. My Gyno who did the operation stated that if I get a cyst on my remaining right ovary that I will need to have a hysterectomy. Also that the hysterectomy will be difficult as my bladder and uterus are gelled together. I don't understand what that means. If I don't have endometriosis how are my uterus and bladder pretty much stuck together.

I am supposed to restrict my activities and no lifting over 5 lbs. for 2-4 weeks. Who else has had this type of a situation? how did it impact you? With only one ovary did you have to additional hormones? Should I contact a lawyer about the first ultrasound and what may have been missed?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread