It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
(female)

Leelee28 HB UserLeelee28 HB User
Angry Breast tissue loss

Hi all!
I'm not sure where I Should put this, so I apologize if this isn't the right forum for it!
About 2 years about I started losing weight for my wedding. I lost 40lbs by early 2010 and have kept it off since. Naturally, my breasts shrank from the weight loss. I knew it'd happen and that's ok. However, I haven't really lost anymore weight (maybe 2 or 3lbs), but my breasts are continuing to shrink . [For a good number of months, I was holding steady at a size, and within the last couple of months I've been losing more.] I had a bra I bought sometime earlier this year that was a little too small (I was spilling out a bit), and now I have more than enough room! It's obviously upsetting, but what I can't figure out is why I'm still losing fat there. At this rate I won't have anything in the next year! Any ideas on why I'm still losing tissue? And, silly as it may sound, any way I can stop it? I'm starting to get self conscious about it - I used to be a 36DD and now I barely fill a 34C (I even fit into a 34B the other day!) and am losing more and more! I just don't know what to do about it, or if there is anything I can do. I just want it to stop before I have nothing left! [I know there are people who have smaller breast who will laugh at this and say I have plenty, but for me it's a big change; I was a 36 DD for quite a few years]
Any tips or ideas would be more than welcomed at this point!!
Thank you much!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Leelee28 For This Useful Post:
yolo (03-04-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
(female)

yolo HB User
Re: Breast tissue loss

Hi Leelee28,

I wrote this a year ago:

Breast Tissue Loss
Ladies on AED's have you had breast tissue loss? I take Tegritol 200 mg, Lamictal 300 mg and 800 mg Zonagram a day and have the VNS. I have gone from a 44dd and now I am a 34 dd in 5 years. Zonagram has weight loss properties. So I believe it is the medication at fault. I have seen nothing about this online and plan to contact the manufacture. I may need to do a medication change soon... Any Thoughts?

So I know how frustrating this can be.... you are not alone. Have you been able to get anything done about the loss I am still working on a solution...

God Bless ya

Yolo

Old 03-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User

Women tend to identify themselves by their breasts, and they are a very important part of our feminity. Therefore, it's natural to get really upset by changes to our breasts. I had to have surgery to my left breast last year due to a precancer, and I know I was quite upset about the possible deformity and loss of breast tissue. I was left a bit deformed and scarred from the biopsy and surgery sites, and it really does bother me even though I should be thrilled I didn't have cancer.

You didn't mention your age. When we are younger, our breasts have a large amount of fibrous tissue which holds them together nicely and makes them "perky". As we age this fibrous tissue breaks down and causes us to sag, and it happens to every woman.

Also, our breasts are made up mostly of fat, so when you lose weight you will almost always lose breast volume. Even though you have stopped losing weight, if you are exercising and building muscle it's possible your body is continuing to burn some fat which could be causing you to be losing breast volume. I remember hearing once on a TV show that humans are the only mammals who have full breasts even when we aren't lactating as they are used to arouse males unlike in other species.

Another possibility is that if you are losing fat or volume on your sides near your breasts it could seem like you're losing breast volume as that would make your bra more loose.

You are likely experiencing several of the above possibilities for losing breast volume. If it really bothers you, there are a number of stores (online also) that sell silicone breast implants which you insert in your bra under your breast. They are very natural looking, and no one except you would know you're wearing it. They also come in a variety of sizes, so you could get a little lift or a lot depending on your preference. They cost $10-$50 for a pair.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
(female)

Leelee28 HB UserLeelee28 HB User

Thanks for the replies.

Yolo - I also take Lamictal, I think 200 mg, and I started that maybe a year or year and a half ago, but I'm not sure that's contributed, since I can't find a specific side effect for that (or weight loss, just anorexia (appetite loss), and I didn't have that problem when I started). I did start Vyvanse (an ADD med) maybe a month or 2 after I wrote the original post, and that zapped my appetite, and I lost another 10lbs. I've stabilized since then, but my bra size went down to a 32C, although it can still be a little big depending on the bra.

I'm sure it's just weight loss, but it bothers me that I seem to be losing most of it in my chest. I've actually become really self conscious about it b/c I have no muscle mass and my breast are "saggy" b/c I lost so much tissue/fat and so it's stretched skin and the remaining tissue pulls it down. As a result, my chest looks very thin and you can practically see my ribs. But outside of my chest/upper body, I look normal - hips, butt, thighs My bones aren't sticking out, I'm wearing average size pants, etc. Family members (who I see once a month or so) keep telling me I'm too skinny and I need to gain weight, but I'm not actively trying to lose weight, and I think most of them think I'm too skinny b/c of how thin my chest looks, and that's what you see the most of. (Also, I used to weight 50 lbs more than I do now, and I think they still aren't used to me being thin) (For the record, I'm 5'8" and 130lbs, my BMI is within the normal range, and as I said before, I'm NOT trying to lose weight anymore, and I haven't been for a long time. The Vyvanse definitely contributed to my most recent weight loss, but that's steadied out and I've been at the same weight for probably 3 months, at least)
I'd like to gain muscle in my chest but I don't know how!

And Twohands - I'm 25, but my breasts look older. Seriously - stretch marks, saggy - definitely not perky (but in all honestly, they never were!) I have "fake boobs", but those are for wearing backless tops. I don't like the idea of "faking" it, and it doesn't help with the issue at hand.

I'd like to state that I don't necessarily feel defined by my breasts, or that I feel less feminine, per say. While I don't like having a smaller chest (compared to how I was), I'm more upset about the physical appearance of them, and how different my chest (as a whole) looks. I don't like feeling self conscious about wearing lower cut tops b/c my chest is so thin and it looks like I'm too skinny. I used to be comfortable being topless, but now I want to cover up b/c of how different I look. I even feel self conscious around my husband! I'm sure there's not much I can do to get them back, outside of putting on weight and hoping it goes there instead of my lower half, or getting surgery. So I just want to stop it, or figure out ways to build up my chest wall a little to counteract the thinness that's resulted from the loss.

Again, thanks so much for the responses - I appreciate them! Any other tips or ideas or... anything, is always appreciated!

Old 03-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
(male)

Guy345 HB UserGuy345 HB User

You should be glad, you'll be happy when yiou're older. aslso B/C are perfect sizes

Closed Thread