It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
(female)

barkj6 HB User
Cure BV!

I have been struggling with Bacterial Vaginosis for about 2 years now...I tried everything from probiotics, apple cider vinegar, and yogurt tampons and nothing worked! I just wanted to tell the ladies out there suffering from this that I have found something that really worked for me and I feel so much better and confident! I used a tampon soaked in hydrogen peroxide and left it in for anywhere between 30 minutes and 3 hours. I did this twice a day for about 3 or 4 days and I am completely normal!! You can also leave a hydrogen peroxide tampon on overnight for about 3 nights and I heard it works just as well. I just wanted to share so that others that have been dealing with this can find their cure as well! Hope it works for you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
(female)

Leelee28 HB UserLeelee28 HB User
Re: Cure BV!

Hi!

I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not sure about the safety of doing that - the vagina is a very sensitive area, and you need to be careful what you expose it to, as you can change the normal flora (the bugs that naturally live there) and actually put yourself at a higher risk of infections.
I understand "going natural" and stuff like that, but I'd recommend to anyone who wants to do this to talk with their health care provider first. BV needs to be treated appropriately, as it creates an environment in the vagina that actually makes you more susceptible to getting infections up into your uterus and pelvis, leading to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). PID is bad news and something you want to avoid at all costs. If you think you have an infection, go see your HCP and talk about treatment options. Definitely bring this up and ask about it, but it's better to be safe than sorry, especially when dealing with something like the reproductive organs. PID can lead not only to fertility problems, but it can even cause death. This hydrogen peroxide thing might "cure" it, but it may not be safe, or you might be ignoring possible infections that resulted from the BV.

I want to note that not everyone who gets BV will get PID, but there is a risk associated with it. Be careful, see someone about it. At least make sure your treatment methods are safe before you do them. Putting hydrogen peroxide on a skin wound is very different from putting it on a tampon and leaving it in your vagina. Please be careful! You've only got one reproductive tract!

Blessings and good luck with it all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread