It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
(female)

Pin159 HB User
Angry Delayed Period after PROTECTED sex 5 days before the expected period date

Hi,
I am a 23 year old female. I never paid too much attention to how long my each cycle is approximately but it is usually a month, and I normally get my periods around the 25th, 26th of each month.

My last period was on the 26th of August, so my this months period is 4 days late. I was engaged in a sexual intercourse on the 21st of September, 5 days before my expected period. I wasn't on a contraceptive pill but we used a condom. I am aware that condoms do not give 100% risk-free protection so I am stressed out thinking about the possibility of being pregnant.

Also this was the first sex I've had in the last couple of months, and it was a little rough- my cervix did hurt a little during the intercourse. Do you think those might be the reasons why my period might be delayed? I have been reading pregnancy symptoms from the internet, and unluckily all the early symptoms are pretty much the same with the things I usually get when my period is delayed: fatigue, swelling tummy and tender/swollen breasts, growing appetite, acne, no period (?!).. I get more and more stressed every day and i know it is one of the facts that delay a period in the first place but i just can't help it.

I already bought a one-step pregnancy text from DR, but I am waiting for the right time to make the test. It has been 8 days since the possible conception and 4 days since the expected date of my missing period. I don't want to wait too long- when is the soonest i can do this test and make sure I didn't get a false negative (if the results is negative of course)?

The following user gives a hug of support to Pin159:
jillian4 (09-30-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
(female)

Vanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB User
Re: Delayed Period after PROTECTED sex 5 days before the expected period date

Hi, I don't think a female's period could be delay of cervix pain from sexual intercourse. But cevix pain is usually associated with deep penetration though. Female periods can be late but they do start evenually. Stress can delay a female's period. Stress can cause delay in ovulation which can result in delayed periods. As long the condom didnt break you are not pregnant. It's the stress that keeping your period from starting. Try to stay calm and relax and don't worry so much. You can take a pregnancy test as soon as your period is late. If the test shows up negative you can test another test a few days later. Not all pregnant tests are the same. Also a female can have side effects from the pill. Note: Missed periods does not always mean a female is pregnant.

Last edited by Vanilla Kiss; 09-30-2011 at 12:12 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vanilla Kiss For This Useful Post:
jillian4 (09-30-2011)
Old 09-30-2011, 03:48 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB User
Re: Delayed Period after PROTECTED sex 5 days before the expected period date

Besides stress, hormones can get unbalanced for any number of reasons and that can cause delay in the cycle. Delay doesn't necessarily mean anything. One can also have a monthly period all the way through a pregnancy.

So try to not dwell on the symptoms so much. The more you stress out the more likely your period will be delayed.

Last edited by jillian4; 09-30-2011 at 03:48 AM.

Closed Thread