It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
(female)

expert1 HB User
Yeast infection help?

Hi, I had thin white discharge last Wednesday ago and I got sick of it... So stupid me in the shower decided to "dusch" it out with plain water. I felt fine and clean... Then that day, I had sex with my boyfriend. That night I felt a little itchy down there. I went to work the next day and came home feeling very itchy. I thought it was a yeast infection right away. I'm 19 and have used ginger and garlic as a homeopathic remedy for yeast infections in the past. I decided to use garlic because I had no ginger in the house. It helped a little and in the morning I felt a little better. That day I went to work and was so thankful to come home after because I was so itchy and actually developed sores...Like little bumps on the inner portion of my vagina and on the inner lips. I went out to the store and bought apple cider vinegar and took a bath with some in it. It felt better. Then I soaked a tampon in a mixture of water and acv and slid it in. I went back to the store and bought a 1 day treatment of a yeast infection suppository. I took the tampon out and put that in. It burned and I had to clean it out and went back to the acv tampon with aloe vera gel on the inner vaginal lips. Since then the sores on the inside of my vagina are gone and it feels pretty good but the sores on my inner lips are present. It feels ok when I have the aloe on them, but I can't seem to get rid of them like the ones inside of me. I have only had sex with my boyfriend. And I remember getting infections like this since I was 13 or so... I just use to wait it out before because I was too scared to go. Now I just don't have the $. What should I do? Sorry if this was TMI. Thank you!
-Kelsey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB User
Re: Yeast infection help?

Hi

I am one for natural remedies, but putting acidic substances on sensitive skin like on the vaginal area is very risky. For future reference, I suggest never doing that. If water doesn't resolve a problem, try plain, unflavored yogurt first. and try it for a few days. If that does not help, ask a pharmacist about an over the counter substance that may reduce the discomfort.

If those things don't work, because you are sexually active, you need to be checked for STDs. It could be herpes or any number of other issues and need to be treated. Having one boyfriend doesn't in itself exclude you from STD's.

You can call the hospital or county offices and ask if they can tell you of any clinics that have a sliding scale for payment. It may even be free to you, I don't know. But don't play around with the delicate balance in the female organs. As you found out it can really backfire.

I hope this helps.

Closed Thread