It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
(female)

Dimples112409 HB User
Premature Ovarian Failure, Premature Menopause, What Could It Be?

I just turned 24, I had my tubes tied in 2009. Since I got my tubes tied, my cycles have been on time, just much heavier and PMS has been very painful. Since the beginning of July of this year, my cycles have been really irregular(it's kind of been 2 cycles skipped and 1 short very light or very heavy cycle lasting about 3 days and then repeat...2 skipped, 1 short cycle); 2 cycles late, instead of on time or absent and much lighter and much shorter, only lasting 3 days instead of the used to be usual 6. Also, since the end of July, I have missed 4 cycles, currently I am 2 late, I have been dealing with leaking urine, and fatigue.

In the last 2 months, I have been having hot flashes, cold sweats, breast tenderness decrease in libido,vaginal dryness, foggy memory...badly, no energy during the day, feeling itchy frequently, more headaches recently and difficulty sleeping. Any ideas??? I have no insurance, and I am very broke. There are NO free clinics here so going to the doctor is NOT something I can do at this point.

I am just looking for opinions/knowledge. I am not concerned as to what it is, just would like to know. I do know that it is very possible to go through premature menopause at this age, but I know there is alot of testing involved to find out exactly what is going on, so I am just looking for opinions and knowledge for now. Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB User
Re: Premature Ovarian Failure, Premature Menopause, What Could It Be?

Hi Dimples

It is very common for ovaries to die after being disengaged from the uterus by tubes tied or cut. When this happens, it is instant menopause. This can cause incontinence, vaginal dryness, etc. Not just sweats, which can be uncomfortable enough. Surgically induced menopause is a drastic experience and it affects skin moisture and other health issues besides enjoyment of the sex act.

Ovarian hormones are necessary, even though they decrease with age.

My doctor informed me of this only after I had the surgery...yeah, that's just not right. We should know what we are facing when we make these decisions. My doctor said, 'oh no doctor would ever deny you hormones'. Guess what. Medical opinion changed, so it is much harder to get hormones.

In my opinion I should have kept my uterus and ovaries intact unless they had became a danger to my life. But that's me. Obviously you didn't want to risk a pregnancy and I respect that decision. It's just that the body adjusts to symptoms of normal menopause but the symptoms do not reduce over time with surgicaly induced menopause. This menopause is not like a normal mentral cessation where ovaries are intact, and still producing hormones. You will need to get hormone replacement to reduce the symptoms.

Medical doctors may poo poo the symtoms because of your age and/or their denial or ignorance that ovaries usually don't stay alive when tied off or cut from the other organs.

I have no insurance and a low income, so I use a credit card to pay for my appts. and meds. I consider this a vital health issue that cannot be ignored.

I suggest that you get an appt. right away with a naturopathic MD (both a naturopath and medical doctor) to make sure what is going on with you, and if needed, to see about getting bi-est or bio-identical hormones to replace the hormones, ASAP. Let them know you don't have insurance and ask if there is any cost reduction for cash. Maybe not but it is worth it to ask.

Let us know how you are doing.

The following user gives a hug of support to jillian4:
Dimples112409 (10-07-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to jillian4 For This Useful Post:
Dimples112409 (10-07-2011)
Closed Thread