It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
(female)

LorenaTree HB User
Red face Small pimple or herpes?

I'm a 23 year old female with Lichen Sclerosus. I have only had sexual intercourse with two men, both of whom were tested and negative before having sex and oral with two others. One of the two who gave me oral sex once later found out he got cold sores, he did not have one at the time he gave me oral sex. My last contact with him was in January of 2011. I have gotten two STD tests this year, in February and April and both were negative for everything. I have had cysts on my labia before that have not been anything STD related, simply acne.

I'm a very anxious person so please pardon my rambling.

Because of the sensitivity of my vagina due to the lichen sclerosus, I have frequent pain, especially around the anus and mostly around menstruating. Every month, I check out my whole vaginal area just because of the lichen sclerosus and the anxiety to make sure everything is on the up and up. I was having the standard slight pain during urination that originates around my anus. Just redness that I am familiar with, there. As I began to do more research I found a small white bump the size of a pencil tip inside my labia closer to the clitoris. It was not red around it and it was not sore in any way. It looked like a pimple. I have done a lot of research on herpes and I have none of the physical symptoms. I noticed it last night and was still concerned with it today. I looked again, still no pain. It looks like it is in an area where I accidentally scratched the skin with my nail while wiping at some point and because of the lichen sclerosus caused a small break/scar in the skin. Because I was curious I poked at the bump some more and popped it. A small string of what I'm assuming was pus came out not different from a normal facial pimple. The bump is now gone and still I have no pain originating from that area.

Should I be concerned and go to a doctor? I initially thought it was just vaginal acne because I have had fairly severe acne my entire life and, I know this is gross, but I have had a fairly sweaty week. My period just started and I do usually break out then. Now after letting my neurosis get the best of me, I'm on here and reading horror stories. I feel like I'm going to throw up.
Thanks for anyone who replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
(male)

Mateusz HB User
Re: Small pimple or herpes?

I think just to be safe you should see a doctor.

Closed Thread