It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
(female)

isitjustme HB User
I don't understand, but some please enlighten me

Hi,

Last year when I turned 40 my doctor put me on a lower dosage pill because I am OLD, yes OLD......

Anyway she took me off Desogen and put me on Microgestin....

Well the first couple of months on this pill was good, so I stuck with it.....Well the past 5 months, have been weird....

It all started with getting menstrual cramps a week sometimes 2 weeks before my period, I spotted for a day and went away, and my menstrual cycle has been very, very light, I only have to use one pad a day, no joke.

Now, I am getting to the point where I am having menstrual cramps and starting my period a week before my pill pack is done...This has happened twice now.

My last pill was taken yesterday and I usually do not start my cycle until Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, like clockwork, for the past 20 years......

So I started my period last night into this morning and had my cramps from all day yesterday and the day before and I started to spot yesterday but really nothing, so this morning I woke up to have started, good thing I wore a pad last night.

I don't get it.......I am going through perimenopause, so I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Can someone tell me what could be going on?

I have an appointment at the end of November to go to my Planned Parenthood office....What should I tell the doctor or what should I do?

Thanks

Closed Thread