It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
(female)

ilovebaxter1 HB User
mysterious vaginal itch/pain with neg cultures! HELP

Ok, so for the past 4 months now i have been battling with a vulva/vaginal itch that has NOT gone away. All cultures for yeast/stds/bacteria comes out neg and my gyn doesn't really know what the problem is besides "vulvodynia" but she has no ruled out ANYTHING besides the things i said. I've done my research but i'm just not sure if it is vulvodynia. I have no pain during intercourse/inserting tampons. The only thing i get from intercourse is the itching after all the friction. Also, i get a mild dull pain every few days that sometimes is a shooting pain that happens for a split second. Nothing hurts when i touch down there and the only time it itches is when anything rubs (underwear/clothes/intercourse)!

Please please ! I need some advice..anyone have this problem before? and if it is vulvodynia do you think it will become worse than this ?

Old 10-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
(female)

ilovebaxter1 HB User
Re: mysterious vaginal itch/pain with neg cultures! HELP

Hi. oops sorry forgot about those things! i'm 20 years old, no kids, have been with my boyfriend for over a year now. Since i've been sexually active (age 15) I did have a few UTI's that i was put on medicine for. Also, i have had BV twice in the past year since december.

After sex when i clean myself off I am still itchy from all the friction/irritation. After about a half hour i'm back to how i was. Also, we use no lube or no condoms. Since this has all started we've only had sex 3 times because it's just not fun when i'm itching

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
(female)

ilovebaxter1 HB User

also..i have, since i can remember, always had a lot of discharge that is a yellow-ish green with NO odor. I've been tested for everything and it's not an std. however, i feel like since this started my discharge has became worse.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
(female)

HMOM646 HB User

Hey, i had the same problem! why dont you try going to your local pharmacy and buy Vagisil. I had the same problem a few years back and i know it worked for me....good luck!

Old 10-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
(female)

ilovebaxter1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMOM646 View Post
Hey, i had the same problem! why dont you try going to your local pharmacy and buy Vagisil. I had the same problem a few years back and i know it worked for me....good luck!

I have actually tried that from the very beginning of all this along with creams prescribed by my doctor and nothing has helped but thank you

mrmasterman ----
what kind of probiotics ? Right now i am taking folic acid and lactobacillus acidopholus daily. i started taking these last month but im not sure if the L.acid. that i'm taking is enough for each day.

The following user gives a hug of support to ilovebaxter1:
HMOM646 (10-13-2011)
Closed Thread