It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
(female)

girlnairb HB User
Yeast Infection Worse with monistat day or night

This is the second time this has happened, I get a yeast infection and then I use the monistat day or night, usually at night so it will stay better. After I use if for about the next 24 the itching and burning intensive immensely, I'm just wondering if this is normal or am I allergic to it. I know there is the pill Diflucan but I hate to have to get a hold of the doctor and go in and see him every time I have a yeast infection, which isn't real often but I do get them frequently around my period. I'm also allergic to a lot of antibiotics so I hate to have to use Diflucan unless I have to, because I'm afraid I'll eventually become allergic to it too. Thanks so much for any info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2011, 12:56 AM   #2
(female)

Vanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB User
Re: Yeast Infection Worse with monistat day or night

Hi, it is possible to get a allergic reaction from Monistat. Plus there is warning signs on the box. Side effects are burning, itching, irritation of the skin, and an increased need to urinate. It would be a good idea to talk to the doctor and explain that you are allergic to a lot of antibiotics and ask what is best to treat your yeast infection. A female can get a yeast infection by having her periods and hormonal changes during her periods. Yeast infections can not only be cure by tablets. Creams and Ointments or suppositories that are inserted into the vagina. Also there are ways to cured a vaginal yeast infection naturally such as there are a number of home remedies that are known to help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Yeast Infection Worse with monistat day or night

I agree. Sounds like a Monistat allergy. I have the same thing.

I only get Diflucan for my yeast infections now, but I haven't had one in years. I'm very careful about my vulvar help. I wear only white cotton underwear washed in mild detergent, hot water. Never clothes that are too tight in the crotch.

I never use spermicide, and I don't let any form of soap touch that part of my body. On my period, I avoid the "plastic-y" pads. The more absorbent cottony ones keep me drier.

Closed Thread