It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2011, 03:26 AM   #1
(female)

O_Lilium HB User
Spotting or implantation bleeding?

I started on Levlen BCP late June after being on Estelle for several years as I wanted to be able to skip periods seasonally. I went overseas early September and just got back this week and have been on the active pills the whole time to avoid an inconvenient period.

I had sex once a week and a half ago and about 5 days later began to experience small amounts of brown-pinkish blood which is still continuing now after almost a week. I think I did miss a pill around that time and took it straight away when I remembered however because of time differences my schedule might have been a bit messed up anyway. Despite all this I am finding it difficult to believe I am pregnant as he didn't finish inside me and I used to get into the same situation sometimes with my old boyfriend and I never wound up pregnant.

However in saying this, if it is spotting I don't understand why it would occur now. I never experienced it on my old pill or in any of the other months since I started on Levlen. I still have two and half weeks left of active pills and was wondering if I should just wait and see if this bleeding stops and if I get my normal period. I know I will probably have to see a doctor about this even though I don't like them due to being a very shy and private person.

If anyone has experienced something similar or has any advice to reassure me I would be very grateful as it is freaking me out about pregnancy being a possibility. Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread