It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

bmichuda HB User
Question NovaSure question for those who had it done at least 1 yr ago

Hi all ,

I'm new to the board and was reading posts from those who have had this procedure done. There are TONS of posts on it and I feel that its just easier to pose my question and go from there (that was not meant to sound rude.)

I am going to have this procedure Nov 3. I have had my ultrasound and biopsy already and those are OK (I was bleeding when I had my ultrasound so my lining was overly thick). I am having this done obviously due to heavy bleeding. I've had heavy periods ever since I had my period and I finally found an OB/GYN that is willing to do something about it other than try to get me to go on the pill. My family has a history of endometriosis, both my sister and cousin have severe cases. I have decided to do this procedure over having an IUD because I already have mood issues and I don't want to add any kind of hormones to that so I have decided on the NovaSure with a tubal ligation.

OK now to my point.... Most of the posts I found describe experiences of the procedure and how they were the next few months afterwords. I am aware of the bleeding for months and a possible foul smell from the burned/dead flesh. I am also aware that this procedure may not help me at all due to family history and I may have to have more things done. What I didn't know was that you can possibly have lighter to no periods and then in a few years have them come back in full swing again. I have not seen this in any posts here, but while talking with a friend of mine the other day, she said that a friend of hers had this done 2 years ago and she was period free for that time and then her periods came back. Stating that because you still have your hormones working in their cyclical ways, that you eventually build up the lining again and will get your period back to the way it was before the procedure. Now, I have not talked to my doctor about this yet as I have an apt with her in 2 days and will discuss it with her then, but I was just looking for how many had this happened to them.

For those of you who had your procedures years ago, what is your experience now?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread