It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
(female)

femme1980 HB User
light menstrual circle- cyst rupture or something else?

Hello everyone, I am new here and I really woul like to listen to your opinion/advice on a problem I have had. At about the 14th day of my circle on March this year I had extreme pain, over my right ovary reflectin over my right thigh. This severe pain kept a whole day, I could not walk, was hard of breething, high fever, too, but didnt go to the hospital. That night, I had lots of vaginal white fluid, which I perceived as my ovulation. Next day felt better but the pain took one week to completely dissolve... when after 2 weeks my period arrived, it was incerdible light and painless.... Went to the gyn. this summer for an ultrasound, no cysts found nowhere, but she told me that all the pain that experienced was a ruptured cyst, and I was very lucky not to end up in th e hospital. MY ovary, as seen in the ultrasonography was fine and all was good. BUT. Since then (and 8 months after) my period is very light, the blood is pinkish and slight pain,compared to my heavy and full of cramps mentrual bleeding. Sometimes it comes earlier,sometimes 3 days late... My right side/ovary, used to hurt and cramp a lot, but now it seems to be inactive/silent, as if it is not functioning at all, if that makes sense? This is so weird, because my right ovary almost always was the most active which was ovulating and in pain during my periods.. NO pain, no cramps, nothing at all....

I am also diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome, although thats was never causing me problems other than my PMS, and heavy bleeding. IN the past, all of my doctors agreed to that I am fine, with a very sensitive right ovary. I didnt/ they didnt suspect anything about endometriosis.

What tests do you think I need to do? I have visited one more GYn and said that this is normal... I really think I have oligomennorrhoia and my hormones must be low. After March (which was also the onset of depression and acute stress), I dont have a normal period, as I used to, the bleeding is much much less. Very low libido as well and I think lack of ovulation because I havent seen again any white fluid around my ovulation days.
Do you think that the ruptured cyst might be the cause behind this?

ONe last but very important thing that I have to mention is that on NOvember of 2010, more than one year, I had to take the morning after pill.... I had 2 or 3 times a normal period although heavier than normal, and then the "rupture" and then problems with my period..
I have had a pap smear and infections checked out and all negative...

What do you think has made this? the rupture, the pill?
Please If you could give me some advice or your opinion, I am very scared and confused... I will run other tests to see what makes my right ovary so numb...but have you ever had anything silimar after a rupture?

Sincerely,
Maria

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread