It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

rpena88 HB User
Pain in lower right side, can't be the ovary

Hello, everyone! I have a strange problem relating to feminine pelvic pain, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've had a long, ugly history with my lower half. I have a history of very frequent yeast/bv/utis despite keeping meticulously clean and using only fragrance free/sensitive skin soaps, detergents and lotions, due to being extremely sensitive to chemicals. Also, due to a mild latex allergy, I stay the **** away from anything with latex or any mystery rubbers as well.
I had a laparoscopy done to get my right ovary removed due to severe PCOS and possible cancer risk (no sign of it, but the ovary was acting ****** up and causing enough pain that they didn't want to take the risk down the road). The pain had subsided, and it seemed like the frequency of my infection Russian roulette went down too. Life was good.

However, recently the pain in my right side has returned in full force, albiet in a slightly different location. At first it felt exactly like a UTI- pain related to urination, burning afterward, swollen privates. I went to a walk in clinic figuring it was UTI #286927 and got medicines for it. My urine read clean so they took a culture as well as giving me meds for BV and yeast. I took them one medicine at a time so as not to screw up the downstairs PH and cause more problems by accident - nothing. It felt a bit better after the Flagyl but the second the medicine stopped, the pain returned.

I went to another walk in to get more medicines, figuring it was either a particularly stubborn care of yeast or UTI. Another round of testing including blood sugar/STDs this time, another round of prescriptions for mundane problems - nothing.

I went to a GP who said lower right sign pain and mild fever plus no obvious feminine issue equals appendicitis, and that I should go to a hospital NOW. I ran like hell to one only to have the hospital doctor violently disagree with the appendicitis diagnosis, stating that the pain has been around for so long (a month) that if it was appendicitis I would've blown up by now. He did agree to do both a belly and pelvic ultrasound, all yielding normal results.

I'm going to a GYN next...again...

Symptoms:

-Pelvic/lower belly pain right where the leg meets the pelvic area, right side only. Worsens during urination or sex. Burning urethra.
-Frequent urination, getting up to go at night once or twice (and I'm in my early 20s.)
-Weird white cervical discharge, looks like what one sees during peak of ovulation but is 24/7 and even seen a day before my period.
-On/off low grade fever of about 100.
-When the pain flares up, mild nausea and loss of appetite

Yeast, BV, UTIs, Chlamydia, Trich, Gonorrhea , HIV have all been ruled out. Ultrasound showed a normal ovary. Normal pap smear aside from the odd cervix discharge. Endometriosis seems like a viable culprit, but the pain seems completely unrelated to my menstrual cycle. As for STDs, I have only had one partner for about a year now and to the best of my knowledge, he isn't ******* around.

What the hell could this be? I'm thinking either PID, or something completely unrelated to girl problems. Could it still be appendicitis? Gall bladder?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread