HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Women's Health (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/)
-   -   Lower abdominal pain (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/877728-lower-abdominal-pain.html)

Tillymint03 11-12-2011 03:06 PM

Lower abdominal pain

Evening all,
I've been experiencing some lower abdominal pain, mostly on my left side. It's kind of like having a stitch or like being stung by little pins in my womb area it's strange.
Has anyone else had this before or maybe know what it might be?
It's not excruciating pain but niggling pain.
I have also recently posted about having irregular periods so not sure if it's connected...
Any feedback is much appreciated :)
Thanks alot.

Vanilla Kiss 11-12-2011 05:40 PM

Re: Lower abdominal pain

Hello, do you get menstrual cramps before or during your period? If so that might be one of the causes. Also low abdominal is one of symptoms for Premenstrual Syndrome PMS.

sjb 11-12-2011 06:03 PM

Hi Endometriosis can cause period pain and uterine pain also sometimes the bowels may cause lower abdominal pain or scar tissue. If it is endometriosis, candida may have been a cause which may have occurred after an antibiotic with some people. A gynecologist might be able to do a better evaluation of the cause. A good healthy lifestyle using both raw and cooked natural vegetables, fruits, nuts, grains may be useful with vegetable juices used between periods. Also I would avoid additives in the food. A nice brisk walk outside in sunshine and fresh air after each meal for 20 minutes is said to be good. Proper amounts of good water should be used, about 6.25 cups of water for every 100 pounds of body weight is said to be good. A good schedule with regular sleep (8 hours is said to be best )and meal times is said to be important. If one goes to bed on time every night it tends to make the cycle more regular instead of irregular. Of course all alcohol, tobacco products, drugs and other substances that don't really belong in the body aught to be avoided. Peace. :smile:

momoftrio 11-12-2011 06:11 PM

If it is on one side and is a bit of a pinching type sensation you could have an ovarian cyst which is what mine was. They can also mess with your cycle too.

Tillymint03 11-13-2011 12:17 PM

Thanks everyone for replying, I do get cramps before my period is due but I'm still 10 days away from that starting so I wasn't too sure what it could be. I'm also a vegetarian so do eat healthy, I guess with my periods being unpredictable recently I'm just worrying about every slight change. It's all been regular until 3 months ago so I'm all over the place, i did have some blood tests last week for my hormone levels but the docs said they are normal.
I thinks it's strange how I can have normal periods for years an then out the blue it all changes an becomes irregular.

Thanks again
:) x

sjb 11-13-2011 05:18 PM

Hi 3 months ago or before were antibiotics taken? What type of work or occupation is done? Were there any leaks in the ceiling with hurricane weather or in the basement? Is the schedule the same for meals and work?

momoftrio 11-14-2011 05:17 AM

[QUOTE=Tillymint03;4878604]Thanks everyone for replying, I do get cramps before my period is due but I'm still 10 days away from that starting so I wasn't too sure what it could be. I'm also a vegetarian so do eat healthy, I guess with my periods being unpredictable recently I'm just worrying about every slight change. It's all been regular until 3 months ago so I'm all over the place, i did have some blood tests last week for my hormone levels but the docs said they are normal.
I thinks it's strange how I can have normal periods for years an then out the blue it all changes an becomes irregular.

Thanks again
:) x[/QUOTE]

That was another indicator for me as well that something was wrong. I was always extremely regular and then all of a sudden it went crazy. Have you had an ultrasound to rule out cysts? If your hormone levels and blood work cam back fine I would think that would be something they would look into for you !

Tillymint03 11-14-2011 02:55 PM

Yeh I think I will ask my gp for a bit more advise, I'm waiting to see what will happen this month.
What did they do for Your cysts? Was it an operation?
In answer to sjb I haven't been on antibiotics for years and I work in a busy transport office. No hurricanes or basements as im from the uk...

Ayria 11-14-2011 02:57 PM

Hey, generally it depends on the cyst to the above question. There's a size criteria and it of course depends on the type and your age. This could be your problem but don't worry into it too much, so many little things can mess with your periods, I'd definitely speak with your gp about it more, you could always go on birth control, or if you're already on it swap to another to make you more regular and see how that goes.

Good luck xx

sjb 11-16-2011 11:04 AM

Hi I understand that country to have more fog and moisture? Was there a lot of rain 3 months ago. If so mold spores may be a problem if allergic to them from an internal Candida problem. Also many women have problems with the birth control pills given them and there are dangerous side effects to many which sometimes make the body worse off than it was in the first place. Some of them can cause clots which can cause a stroke and intermittent claudication. They don't always fix cycle problems either. Some people might take them for months or years and get away with it for awhile but have problems later. It is good to have a good healthy lifestyle with proper health measures. An ultrasound can sometimes help with dianostics from the gynecologist. Were there any stressful changes at work about 3 months ago?

momoftrio 11-16-2011 12:57 PM

To answer you cyst question. My cyst was actually rather small when my pain began . Like you had stated as well , its more of an uncimfortableness and pinching sensation. I did wind up having it removed because I have had cysts in the past and it was just continuing to give me problems. The fact that you have it on one side down low where your ovaries are , screams cyst. The best and easiest way to rule it out is just have an ultrasound. If your ovaries look fine , on to the next ! My cyst gradually became bigger and I started having more and more symptoms so if this is something you have , there are things they may try to shrink it to see if that helps !

usagiluong 11-17-2011 06:48 PM

hi,

as you and other above discussed, i want to share my experience.
i sometimes pass this situation during my period with lower abdomen pain, back pain and thigh pain. So irritated, right.

i take advices from mum, female friend, they gave me helpful suggestions.
and of course, i did internet search and so it did the same results too.