It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

lclarken HB User
Sudden, Severe Pelvic/Rectum/Abdominal Pain

Last night I felt fine one second, and the next I was doubled over in excruciating pain in my lower abdomen area. I actually crawled to the bathroom. There was an intense muscle pain that made my stomach like wood and I couldn't bend my body, plus there was an extreme sensation of pressure on my pelvic and rectum as well. Since I was on the toilet I "beared down" and the pain was so intense I fell off the toilet and screamed for my husband (fearing I would pass out and no one would find me until morning).

He didn't hear me so I had to crawl to him in the bedroom, at this point 20 minutes of excruciating pain (I was only using my arms to pull myself as my legs were shaking so bad, even though they themselves did not hurt, just shaking violently) - but by the time I got to him he put me in bed and started getting dressed to go to hospital, but I told him it was starting to weaken and after a half hour it was painful but bearable, so he put me in a salt water bath for a bit until I could at least get up and walk around.

This morning it didn't actually hurt anymore, but it is extremely tender. If I push on my lower abdomen (anywhere from below navel to just above vaginal area) it feels like someone slugged me in the gut. The muscles feel extremely sore, like I did a killer workout. And I feel really "full" although I haven't eaten anything today. I can still feel minor pressure in my pelvic and rectum areas, but not even a tenth of what it was last night.

I am thinking ovarian cyst ruptured, which doesn't seem to require medical attention. But my husband is convinced it has something to do with my appendix and I need to go to ER today (I actually made an appointment with my regular doctor but he can't see me for 3 days).

No health insurance and ER is pricey, so a little torn here. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
(female)

Jules1978 HB User
Re: Sudden, Severe Pelvic/Rectum/Abdominal Pain

Hi did you ver find out whatthis was, i had the exact same thing last night, the pain was worse than child birth and believe me ive git 4 kids so i know what that feels like, this was turture it was like being rupped open from the inside, but it was one long constant intense pain it didnt happen in waves it just wouldnt stop and i couldnt move at all it hurt si much i was wretching to be sick with the pain, i eventually got hubby to hear me and he put me in bath, it eventually eased but all day today ive got this horrible dull ache that can only be described like my bladder hurts, anyone know what this is???

Old 05-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
(female)

lclarken HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules1978 View Post
Hi did you ver find out whatthis was, i had the exact same thing last night, the pain was worse than child birth and believe me ive git 4 kids so i know what that feels like, this was turture it was like being rupped open from the inside, but it was one long constant intense pain it didnt happen in waves it just wouldnt stop and i couldnt move at all it hurt si much i was wretching to be sick with the pain, i eventually got hubby to hear me and he put me in bath, it eventually eased but all day today ive got this horrible dull ache that can only be described like my bladder hurts, anyone know what this is???
So I ended up just seeing my regular doctor, he told me that I needed to see my gyno, and then I had to wait a few weeks to see him. I do NOT know if it is actually related at all, but when my gyno did my exam he noted a small lesion and biopsied it and it ended up being vulvar intraepthial neoplasia and I had to have surgery to have it removed as it is a pre-cancerous condition. He never said that the pain was directly related, but I would maybe see a doctor and get your annual pap!

Old 10-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
(female)

RachRuns HB User

Did you find out the cause of your pain? Five days ago I had a sudden severe pain in my lower abdomen EXACTLY as you both described. I delivered 2 boys without drugs and this was FAR worse. So bad that I passed out in the hallway as I was trying to get my husband. He had 1 more "1" to dial for the paramedics. It took me awhile before I could feel my legs to get up. My arms were numb and I felt like electricity was going through my hands. On the way to Urgent Care my legs started shaking uncontrollably like during delivery. 45 mins to an hour later, all pain was gone. But I felt like I had been beat up inside for the next few days. No other symptoms other than the last 2 nights after dinner it was like my intestines were set on liquefy. Not a lot of pain, but concerning. Though this morning was the last episode. I have also been exhausted.
After reading, I have self diagnosed myself with: stomach ulcers and anemia, diverticulosis, colon cancer and stomach cancer...or, merely a burst cyst.
I feel silly going to the Dr now that all seems well.
I should note that the Urgent Care Dr. said there was an intestinal bug going around, and thought I was constipated...though I don't think so. I did take a double dose of Miralax as he suggested and took the regular dose for the next 2 days.
Just looking for an answer. If that happened when I was driving, I and my passengers, and those around me would be in trouble.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #5
(female)

Ozbundy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclarken View Post
Last night I felt fine one second, and the next I was doubled over in excruciating pain in my lower abdomen area. I actually crawled to the bathroom. There was an intense muscle pain that made my stomach like wood and I couldn't bend my body, plus there was an extreme sensation of pressure on my pelvic and rectum as well. Since I was on the toilet I "beared down" and the pain was so intense I fell off the toilet and screamed for my husband (fearing I would pass out and no one would find me until morning).

He didn't hear me so I had to crawl to him in the bedroom, at this point 20 minutes of excruciating pain (I was only using my arms to pull myself as my legs were shaking so bad, even though they themselves did not hurt, just shaking violently) - but by the time I got to him he put me in bed and started getting dressed to go to hospital, but I told him it was starting to weaken and after a half hour it was painful but bearable, so he put me in a salt water bath for a bit until I could at least get up and walk around.

This morning it didn't actually hurt anymore, but it is extremely tender. If I push on my lower abdomen (anywhere from below navel to just above vaginal area) it feels like someone slugged me in the gut. The muscles feel extremely sore, like I did a killer workout. And I feel really "full" although I haven't eaten anything today. I can still feel minor pressure in my pelvic and rectum areas, but not even a tenth of what it was last night.

I am thinking ovarian cyst ruptured, which doesn't seem to require medical attention. But my husband is convinced it has something to do with my appendix and I need to go to ER today (I actually made an appointment with my regular doctor but he can't see me for 3 days).

No health insurance and ER is pricey, so a little torn here. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Have a read on this, it might explain what's happening to you (proctalgia Fugax) the Wikipedia site explains it good

Old 02-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #6
(female)

Ozbundy HB User

Have a read about this (Proctalgia Fugax) The Wikipedia site explains it good

Closed Thread