It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
(female)

littlemissvenus HB User
Unhappy Diarrhea after Menstrating!?

Hi here,

As of the past two months, after both periods I've had, I get diarrhea.
I know it's normal to get it during your period, but never I've heard of getting it after. I need ideas of what possibly could be wrong, because the doctors here can't find anything! It gets so bad, that even anti-diarrhea pills don't work for more than a couple of hours.

Just a bit of backlog; I've been sick for the past 10 months now. Started in February, got food poisoning from a subway. Ever since then, I didn't have my period for 6 months, my stools have been changing colours every couple of months. I went from having no gag reflex, to just gagging after drinking water. My stomach does hurt at least once a week as well (I know this all has something to do with why I'm getting diarrhea after menstrating, well that's my gut telling me that). Any possibilities that could be wrong with me!?

Old 11-28-2011, 12:37 AM   #2
(female)

Vanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB User
Re: Diarrhea after Menstrating!?

Hi, the reason why a female can have diarrhea is because of the hormonal changes that occur after ovulation and before menses, the bowels can experience cramping and lead to diarrhea. Also the same muscles that are contracting to move the blood and tissue are in the same area as those that control a female's bowels. You are right it is normal and common. Also the hormones that signal the release of the lining of the uterus also signal the gastro system making a female's bowels move more. A sudden, short illness or even a longer illness can cause a female's periods to be delayed. This is usually temporary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread