It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
(female)

HD1983 HB User
3 week long menstrual period

Okay, I'm 28 years old, I have no children and I'm a virgin, for the past few months I have had very annoying menstrual periods that last from 2 to 3 weeks, it's usually not heavy all the time, and I usually just bleed in the mornings and evenings, and I only pass blood clots every once in awhile.

Up until today I have had no other symptoms, but starting early this morning I started having an aching pain when I urinate.

Last year I started a fad type diet where I only eat one meal a day and one snack, I have also been drinking a lot of tea and flavored water with artificial sweeteners, the odd thing is that the abnormal menstruation started at about the same time I stopped drinking all sugary drinks.

I have lost a lot of weight(due to the diet)I have never had a regular menstrual period in my lifetime, sometimes I would go years without one, my weight has also been up and down most of my life due to constant dieting.

I also do not sleep very much(usually between 12 AM and 6 AM, but sometimes I cannot fall asleep until 2 or 3 AM, and sometimes I wake up at 5:30 AM, I do however find time for a nap everyday between noon and 3 PM).

I have also had considerable stress in my lifetime(family members dying, home foreclosure, living in my car at one point).

I would also like to say that I try to eat healthy, but most of the time my diet isn't so balanced.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User
Re: 3 week long menstrual period

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD1983 View Post
Okay, I'm 28 years old, I have no children and I'm a virgin, for the past few months I have had very annoying menstrual periods that last from 2 to 3 weeks, it's usually not heavy all the time, and I usually just bleed in the mornings and evenings, and I only pass blood clots every once in awhile.

Up until today I have had no other symptoms, but starting early this morning I started having an aching pain when I urinate.

Last year I started a fad type diet where I only eat one meal a day and one snack, I have also been drinking a lot of tea and flavored water with artificial sweeteners, the odd thing is that the abnormal menstruation started at about the same time I stopped drinking all sugary drinks.

I have lost a lot of weight(due to the diet)I have never had a regular menstrual period in my lifetime, sometimes I would go years without one, my weight has also been up and down most of my life due to constant dieting.

I also do not sleep very much(usually between 12 AM and 6 AM, but sometimes I cannot fall asleep until 2 or 3 AM, and sometimes I wake up at 5:30 AM, I do however find time for a nap everyday between noon and 3 PM).

I have also had considerable stress in my lifetime(family members dying, home foreclosure, living in my car at one point).

I would also like to say that I try to eat healthy, but most of the time my diet isn't so balanced.
I am so sorry tht you lost your home, family members and had to live in your car. I can't imagine having to do that.

Do you have a doctor? if you do, then you need to go get yourself checked out. You shouldn't be having periods like you are at your age. If you were in your late 30s, then I would think your were in primenopause, but you're to young for that. It could be something as simple as stress causing your period problems.

I wish you the best!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

See your Dr as soon as possible.
Periods lasting that length of time need investigation. This could in time lead to Anemia.
Your Fad diet can cause delayed problems with menstruation and stress can also be a factor.
You need to get yourself on a good regular balanced diet and something to help with the stress side of your life.
I hope you will see your Dr as this needs sorting out. Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
(female)

HD1983 HB User

Thanks for all of the advice guys, I should've known better than to jump on the fad diet bandwagon, right now at this point in my life I'm not eating very much and I couldn't say that it is balanced.

I'm going to modify my diet and take some vitamins, I'll put off visiting the doctor a little while longer to see if I can fix this on my own.

Closed Thread