It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
(female)

karicontreras HB User
Spotting 2 weeks after period, then no period...

Hello... basically here's a quick history on me as well as my concern:

I have PCOS and have been dealing with infertilty (TTC for 5+ years). For the past few years my cycles ranged from 31-35 days. Over the last 4 months they've ranged from 28-29 days (Yay! Totally normal, right?)

So here's my concern: I started a period 10/21. I was not due to start another period until around 11/17.

Well, on 11/4 (mid-cycle, around the time many women ovulate), I started spotting. The spotting lasted for approximately 13 days and stopped on the day my period was supposed to start. (very odd). The 13 days of spotting was very light and never required the use of a pad or liner. It was always brownish in color and I only saw it on the tissue (sorry if TMI).

So I guess I'm confused as to whether or not this was just an early period, just spotting, or something else. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Because I have PCOS, I'm used to having weird / light / non-existant cycles, but I've never had this happen before.

Of course I know there's always a chance for pregnancy and I could just take a test, but I after all these years I can't bring myself to do it because I dread the disappointment.

Any thoughts? It sure is appreciated!

Old 11-29-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User
Re: Spotting 2 weeks after period, then no period...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karicontreras View Post
Hello... basically here's a quick history on me as well as my concern:

I have PCOS and have been dealing with infertilty (TTC for 5+ years). For the past few years my cycles ranged from 31-35 days. Over the last 4 months they've ranged from 28-29 days (Yay! Totally normal, right?)

So here's my concern: I started a period 10/21. I was not due to start another period until around 11/17.

Well, on 11/4 (mid-cycle, around the time many women ovulate), I started spotting. The spotting lasted for approximately 13 days and stopped on the day my period was supposed to start. (very odd). The 13 days of spotting was very light and never required the use of a pad or liner. It was always brownish in color and I only saw it on the tissue (sorry if TMI).

So I guess I'm confused as to whether or not this was just an early period, just spotting, or something else. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Because I have PCOS, I'm used to having weird / light / non-existant cycles, but I've never had this happen before.

Of course I know there's always a chance for pregnancy and I could just take a test, but I after all these years I can't bring myself to do it because I dread the disappointment.

Any thoughts? It sure is appreciated!

When I was in my middle 20s (I am 64 now), my husband and I wanted more children (we had one son), so I tried to get pregnant, I finally got pregnant with my daughter. I knew I was, but I went to the doctor and he said no you are not.................well 9 months later she was born. The reason he didn't think I was is: I was having my period, and I did this every month until I had her. I was also passing some gross stuff, and he thought I might be having another miscarriage, but I wasn't. she was born 3 weeks late, 18" long, and just a little below 7 pounds, she was pretty short.

I guess the point I am trying to make is, just because your bleeding doesn't mean you're pregnant.

I will keep you in my daily prayers. I know how it feels to desperately want a baby. We wanted 4 children, but God blessed us with two.

hugs
Daisy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread