It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
(female)

leo486 HB User
Can Complex Ovarian Cysts shrink?

I had been having some irregular bleeding inbetween my periods, some aching and sharp pains in my left side, along with nauseau, ibs, pain inner thigh, indegestion, and decided to make an appt with the dr. I was told I have 2 complex cysts in my left ovary and to come back in a month for a recheck. I've read on the internet they do not shrink and usually have to be surgically removed and then I've read they can shrink. I would love to know about someones experience with complex cysts shrinking or disappearing. I have been a nervous wreck since I found out and just want answers.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
(female)

kaytaybicks HB User
Re: Can Complex Ovarian Cysts shrink?

I've had some pretty similar issues - I have a 4 cm hemorrhagic cyst on my right ovary. Between ultrasounds in November and a followup in December, it has shrunk from about 4.8 cm to about 4, but I'm not sure how much of a difference those millimeters make.

I'm still going through an aspiration procedure this Thursday because of the severity of the symptoms (I've had this bugger since June, following laparoscopic surgery for a 12 cm cyst in February). Maybe ask your doctor about cyst aspiration - I'm not very well versed on it, but he said that for me, at a minimum, it would remove symptoms, and started me on BeYaz (birth control) so it would be less likely to grow back, or at least be less symptomatic if it does (as aspiration evidently has a high recurrence rate).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
(female)

leo486 HB User
Re: Can Complex Ovarian Cysts shrink?

Thanks, sounds like complex cysts can shrink, that's great. The dr said if it shrinks she'll continue waiting but if it stays the same or grows it has to come out for a biopsy. She never told me the size of the cysts, just said they are not simple and it was hazy, not exactly sure what that means. I guess I was shocked to hear this and it wasn't until after I left all the questions came to me. What is aspiration? I can't be on birth control, I was on it last year and had a lot of problems with cramping in my calfs so they took me off it.

Closed Thread