It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
(female)

teaal4 HB User
Angry WHY do I keep getting yeast infections??

Hello all,

I had a yeast infections about 3 weeks ago. I treated otc, and it was gone promptly. Now, I seem to have another one!! I do get them more than the average person.
Does anyone know reasons I may have them often??

What about those probiotic pills and such? Has anyone had any luck taking those? Do they help?

Thanks in Advance..

Old 01-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
(female)

lilcrumb033 HB User
Re: WHY do I keep getting yeast infections??

Hi there! Wanted to let you know I know your pain. I have tried pro-biotics and they do help. I actually have been taking something called AZO yeast that actually helps treat and prevent the infections. Also, have you seen a gyno? They may want to test you to see if you have a strain resistant infection. What kind of soap do you use down there? Do you douche? Do you use any perfumed panty-liners or clothing detergents? Also, a lot of sugar in your diet can feed yeast. Do you take birth control or do you use anti-biotics? Also yogurt is your friend

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
(female)

emerrube HB User

I think mine is cyclical. I didn't even know until recently that it was yeast infections because I don't always get the pain/burning and itching. I've been having them since I was a teenager. It only became a huge problem when I had an IUD put in. I was just at the doctor Tuesday and she told me to use probiotics and that would help. Here goes. Hope it does.

Oh...you may know this already, but yeast infections will become resistant to drugs after awhile. so hopefully you can find a solution to all this. I'm hoping the probiotics work for me.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
(female)

Vanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB User

Hello, a female can get a vaginal yeast infection from Stress, Lack of sleep, Illness, Poor eating habits, including eating extreme amounts of sugary foods, Pregnancy, Having your period, Taking certain medicines, including birth control pills, antibiotics, and steroids, Diseases such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV/AIDS, Hormonal changes during your periods. To avoid getting another yeast infection a female can: Avoid douches, Avoid scented hygiene products like bubble bath, sprays, pads, and tampons, Change tampons and pads often during your period, Avoid tight underwear or clothes made of synthetic fibers, Wear cotton underwear and pantyhose with a cotton crotch, Change out of wet swimsuits and exercise clothes as soon as you can, Avoid hot tubs and very hot baths. Vaginal yeast infections can be cured with antifungal medicines that come as: Creams, Tablets, Ointments or suppositories that are inserted into the vagina. Also monistat can help cure the infection.

Closed Thread