It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
(female)

Scandic HB User
Disastrous visit to gyno

Ok, went to see my gyno today. I'd call it a small disaster.

I did not expect her to know much about Lyme, but still told her I had Lyme and what meds I've been on and am on, since I thought it could be relevant to the current irritation.

When I said I was on fluconazole for systemic candida, the blank expression told me either she doesn't believe in it, or she knows nothing about it.

I told her about the Symbiovag suppositories and the awful reaction. Ok, so she had a look. Her first words were "oh, it doesn't look bad, it doesn't really look irritated".

(I was up at 3am this morning with a wet wash cloth to soothe the itching). I told her how bad it had been earlier this week and that as of Tue it calmed down a bit, but was still itching.

She said she saw no signs of yeast. So I asked if it could be cystolic vaginitis, she had clearly never heard of it and said that you can never have too many lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria.

When I asked how come I seem to feel more irritation after my periods and asked about PH levels, she just poo-pooed it.

Despite her saying there was no yeast, she still prescribed something anti-fungal. A cream & suppositories.

I recognized the name from a Nov 2010 visit and remember that it burned insanely and I had to wipe it off ASAP.

I said to her "is it wise to put something topical on sensitive skin that was ragingly red & had a bad reaction just some days ago?"

(plus, she had also just said she didn't think it was yeast, so why was she giving an anti-fungal?).

I almost burst into tears, saying I won't put anything on there that will make it sting like that again, and then she relented and prescribed 4 Sporanox tablets, clearly to "shut me up" but said I could not take them at the same time as Fluco.

Then she got hung up on the Fluco, that she thought I should stop taking it, it was not good to take it for so long and she could not see how it could possibly help against a bacteria like borrelia at all.

She also told me I should book an appointment with an infectious disease doctor at a Univ hospital in Belgium, she clearly felt I my LLMD was some quack in another country.

Like I said, I did not expect her to know anything about borrelia, but was surprised that when the irritation I have was not obviously yeast (I asked about candida glabarata and got blanked).

I asked about PH-levels and other possible reasons, and got nothing. I also have fibroids for which I have to take the pill to control the bleeding.

I asked about coming off the pill or taking something with less hormones or something to be done about the fibroids other than a hysterectomy. Nothing.

So, I'm sitting here, with 4 tablets of sporanox for a so-called non-yeast infection, you can wonder why she gave them to me then. I refused to buy the cream.

I don't know what to do. Weekend coming up, stuck again. I suppose I better press on with the fluco and skip the sporanox.

I can't check anything with the Lyme doc, it's later in the day here already and I won't be able to contact him till Monday now.

I asked the pharmacy lady, who is really nice, for another gyno, I have a name, but oming in as a new patient, it will take some time to get an appointment.

My heart is skipping. No wonder from all the stress.

The following user gives a hug of support to Scandic:
Sombrita86 (01-21-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
(female)

Sachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB User
Re: Disastrous visit to gyno

Oh god. I would see a different gynecologist. This one sounds utterly incompetent, not just because of her apparent lack of knowledge, but because she dismisses your opinion and anything else you've said. She sounds like she's in it for the money and not to actually help you. Move on as soon as you can, and I hope you find some real relief for your issues!

Old 01-21-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
(female)

Scandic HB User

Yes, her attitude was the worst. She was more focussed on criticizing my Lyme treatment, which she knows NOTHING about than concerned about giving me some answers in what IS supposed to be her field of expertise.

If it isn't yeast and it isn't bacteria and I still have issues, then it's got to be SOMETHING, right?

Thing is, I was so flustered, that I can't actually remember if she took any samples. I'll just have to call next week and act as if she did and see what happens.

Meanwhile, I think it is cytolitic, and I am doing bicarb sitz baths, but I do need help from a gyno on other issues as well. So I will try another one. Wish there was a way to interview docs over the phone. It all takes so long, book appointment, wait for appointment, go see him/her, and only then can you tell if they are any good...

I also find that many gynos are more interested in pregnancies, so if you are not there to have a baby, you are not 'fun & interesting"...

Still amazed that she said she didn't think it was yeast, but still prescribed anti-yeast. Was she unsure, or just trying to shut me up? Ugh.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
(female)

Sachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB User

I don't know what her problem was. It sucks having to wait after finding a new doctor, but I hope that you don't have to wait long and it goes much better than this one.

I don't have any ideas what the issue could be, sorry.

Closed Thread