It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
(female)

twinsmomma23 HB User
Question swelling INSIDE my vagina (maybe tmi)

so today i went to put a tampon in and it wouldnt go in my whole is swelled that badly. im not sure what this could be and because i have no insurance i have no way of getting it checked so im hoping for some advice. this is the first time this has happened before. i havent had sex in like 4 days because of my period and i have been using tampons, but ive used tampons for the last 10 years so i cant imagine it would be that. i know it cant be the sex because the swelling just started today. i have no idea what this could be. i put a glove on (i dont like touching blood) and tried to fit my finger inside and i was able to some what get in (i used my pinky) it is very tight and it seems to be swollen. im guessing that is what it would feel like if i tried sticking my finger in when i was a virgin... idk any other way to describe it. does anyone have any ideas of what this is? im really concerned but i dont have any insurance so theres nothing i can really do.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: swelling INSIDE my vagina (maybe tmi)

Just a thought. Could you have left in or forgotten a previous Tampon. I know there's a cord on the end but could it have worked loose.
Other than that I don't know, if it continues you should go to your Dr or family planning clinic and find out what it is.

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
(female)

twinsmomma23 HB User

ty for ur response. i know i didnt leave a tampon in. the swelling did go down today. what is strange is even without a tampon in the blood from my period wouldnt come out but when i put a glove on and put my pinky in there is blood as if my hole was so tight it wouldnt come out. the swelling did go down today. not only did the swelling go down but i stopped bleeding so i dont know if it had anything to do with that or not. i do notice that i am very dry though. this is not normal to me im not sure what is going on there

Old 02-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
(female)

OhioFireSpirit HB User

I'm not sure if your issues have already resolved themselves or not, but this sounds very troublesome. Just because you son't have insurance does not mean there are not options for you. If there is a Planned Parenthood in your area, they do have help for women's health, including pelvic exams and STI testing. It is always possible that you have some sort of infection that you and your partner have yet to discover. It could be a local skin condition such as a reaction to something like soap, laundry detergent, or a tampon. You can suddenly develop allergies to things you've used for a long time. The vulva is especially susceptible to chemicals because it is warm and moist. This is also a perfect situation for bacteria.
Are you having any pain associated with this? Either externally, vaginally, or lower abdominal/pelvic pain. If this hasn't stopped I would urge you to find a health clinic, health department, Planned Parenthood, other women's health service, or even an ER (they are required to provide medically necessary treatment regardless of insurance/ability to pay) because this could be a very serious issue. Especially if you have any fever, chills, headaches, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, rash, etc you really need to go to the ER.
But if it has resolved by now, it could be any number of things. We women really have a delicate issue with our vaginas. Just a slight imbalance can really mess things up. In general, make sure you use no scented washes/soaps in the area, don't over wash the area, wear only cotton panties, you may want to wash your underwear in a special wash, with a detergent for sensitive skin.
Good luck.

Closed Thread