It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
(female)

kd506 HB User
polyp removal

I had a polyp removed from cervix...The Dr. said after removal that if I began to bleed to go to E.R. I've been out of work and don't have the money to go. I noticed other people had similiar situation with bleeding. I am hoping it will stop within two weeks. I wish the Dr. had told me this before removing it because I might have kept the polyp.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
(female)

Jaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB User
Re: polyp removal

How bad is the bleeding? If it's significant I think you should do as your doctor says. I just had a horrible experience with a fibroid. Your health should be first priority . I know that money is a.concern, it is for me too, but take care of you and worry about the rest later.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
(female)

kd506 HB User

Thank you. The bleeding has stoped and I have a Doctor's appointment next week. My family was also concerned and wanted me to go to ER. I just have no income. I've been out of work almost a year and a half and did not get unemployment benefits since I was in a difficult work environment and walked out after several comments were made to me that hurt me. I just couldn't stand up to it and I think some of that was because my physical health was so poor. I'm thankful the bleeding stopped after about 6 days.

The following user gives a hug of support to kd506:
twohands (02-18-2012)
Old 02-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User

Is this your first experience with cervical polyps?

I've had problems with recurrent cervical polyps. My gynecologist has said they tend to be a problem until menopause, but not after.

They do need to be removed as they can cause some major problems and require an op under general anethesia if not removed soon enough.

I've been told I need to have my cervix examined at least once a year to make sure they aren't growing back.

They can cause bleeding before and after removal. When removed in a doctor's office, they usually put a "coffee grounds" material in there to prevent them from growing back and to prevent serious bleeding. However, mine still bleed a bit for a week or so after removal and grow back as well.

I hope this is your last experience with them.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
(female)

kd506 HB User

This is my second one. The first one was ten years ago and I believe it was small. This one was medium to large in size. The Dr. did put something in to stop the bleeding but I did bleed anyways. I am glad it is removed. I am not very good about checkups as you can see. It was ten years between my pap tests. The Doctor may give me the same advise you were given about annual checks. I will see him again this week. Thankyou for your input.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
(female)

wolfpack89 HB User

I hope you are doing better now. I just had a polyp removed in the OR. Did you ever have discomfort or pressure with any of yours? Thanks!

Closed Thread